Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Cipriani

Post by Scott1 »

Farrell over Cips for England every day and twice on a Sunday
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Neither flyhalf played well for me today, Farrell is just a liability and a mardy bum, whereas Cipriani just fades away behind a beaten pack.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:53 pm Neither flyhalf played well for me today, Farrell is just a liability and a mardy bum, whereas Cipriani just fades away behind a beaten pack.
Seriously with Farrell, questioned the ref once and he’s a mardy bum, please try and give credit where it’s due he runs that team like a well organised machine, his kicking from hand especially first half was world class as was his defence.

Comments like that make me wonder if you really know what you’re talking about, or you just let personal dislikes cloud your comments
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:53 pm Neither flyhalf played well for me today, Farrell is just a liability and a mardy bum, whereas Cipriani just fades away behind a beaten pack.
Must be the luckiest and most successful liability in the history of the game
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 pm They all blow hot and cold Sam.
Farrell has the least number of excuse's for doing so.
Farrell has next to no excuse. He is rarely below luke warm though. It's that level of consistency that makes Farrell the easy if uninspired selection.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm
BFG wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 pm They all blow hot and cold Sam.
Farrell has the least number of excuse's for doing so.
Farrell has next to no excuse. He is rarely below luke warm though. It's that level of consistency that makes Farrell the easy if uninspired selection.
That kick in the 42nd minute was freezing cold.
They're all good players but different and how to translate it all to international level is the conundrum.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:07 pm
Seriously with Farrell, questioned the ref once and he’s a mardy bum, please try and give credit where it’s due he runs that team like a well organised machine, his kicking from hand especially first half was world class as was his defence.

Comments like that make me wonder if you really know what you’re talking about, or you just let personal dislikes cloud your comments
Probably the latter but I’m encompassing the two shoulder charges, plus frequent outbursts during games (especially at international level, his reaction to May’s try vs South Africa springs to mind), wasn’t just basing my comment on his penalty today.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

In my view, the best fly half in the semi-finals today was the young Exeter lad.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Probably the latter but I’m encompassing the two shoulder charges, plus frequent outbursts during games (especially at international level, his reaction to May’s try vs South Africa springs to mind), wasn’t just basing my comment on his penalty today.
As I say he is the most successful liability in rugby history, just wish a few more tigers players had his level of professionalism and desire to win
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

teds wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 pm

In my view, the best fly half in the semi-finals today was the young Exeter lad.
He played well behind a largely dominant pack.

Was it just me or was the Saints penalty try a strange decision, not necessarily wrong just strange
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:03 pm
teds wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 pm

He played well behind a largely dominant pack.

Was it just me or was the Saints penalty try a strange decision, not necessarily wrong just strange
Have you ever seen Farrell play well behind a pack that wasnt largely dominant?

I might need to re-watch it but the Saints penalty try seemed to be a rare instance of the rules being correctly applied. So yes I agree it seemed very strange.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:02 pm

As I say he is the most successful liability in rugby history, just wish a few more tigers players had his level of professionalism and desire to win
No I’d argue that was O’Gara and I find he was overrated... but that’s my opinion of course.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:02 pm
No I’d argue that was O’Gara and I find he was overrated... but that’s my opinion of course.
[/quote
90 plus Irish caps and record points haul, of course makes him very average.
In fact he’s so bad he is now helping to coach probably the best club/divisional side in the world, The Crusaders.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:54 pm Do you think Cipriani would have performed as well as Ford has this season if you swapped the teams they were playing in? And would Ford have got player of the season if he was in the Gloucester team?
No to the first, and definitely yes to the second. Cipriani is a gifted player. He has class, and he stands out. So is George, and with more experience, he can get even better. As for Cips in Japan? I would have him there. He can change a game. He's got a brilliant rugby brain. His basics are as good as anyone in the game. He has vision and when you need to come from behind, with 10 minutes to go, I'd even bring him on to play out of position. He's a winner.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Simmonds has an armchair ride week in week out,he was poor in Europe especially in the Munster games when their pack were under the cosh.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer