Preseason fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3462
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Preseason fixtures

Post by JP14 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:43 am

With it being the World Cup year, what will be the preseason fixtures be like? Obviously we have the PRC during the World Cup but what about beforehand? Last time we had the honorary match vs Argentina and the Kings of the North tournament, but will the preseason just be like last year with London Irish, Cardiff and Benetton? If the latter, I’d like to keep the same opponents, to see what the new Exiles team is made of and also Benetton are extremely competitive and arguably a better team than we are at present.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Mark62
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1990
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by Mark62 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 am

I would imagine that the club don’t even know yet.

Re Benetton not sure how you reach that conclusion given the league they play in, but also if we play them pre season at least half their first team squad will be on World Cup duty

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by MikeR » Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 am

i think the pre season games will be even more of a farce than usual with RWC players missing and other key players protected from injury . Given the large number of newcomers to our Squad I would select the anticipated starters for our 1st premiership game from pre season game 1 so that at least they gain some familiarity with each over and practice the game plan ( if any ?? )

MJB
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:12 am
Location: Leicester

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by MJB » Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm

I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by Dangerous4 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:26 pm

MJB wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm
I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
Well, that's fair enough if true.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3462
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by JP14 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 am
I would imagine that the club don’t even know yet.

Re Benetton not sure how you reach that conclusion given the league they play in, but also if we play them pre season at least half their first team squad will be on World Cup duty
Hence the term, arguably.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by TigerS2 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 pm

MJB wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm
I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
My season ticket hasn’t been reduced.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2325
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by LE18 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm

TigerS2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 pm
MJB wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm
I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
My season ticket hasn’t been reduced.
I bet their response is that its not been increased, for that reason.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests