Geordie up before the beak...three week ban!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Geordie up before the beak...

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm Following the seasons poor results, might the BOD use this accusation against Smurf to move him on or over, it would help to save their faces?

No
Is that your opinion or fact? :smt002
:smt005 :smt002
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:32 pm
fentiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm

He seems to be getting rewarded for his incompetence now!
Not the same one as the ref who has appeared in premiership games, just share a name.

Traveller seems to take every possible opening to have a dig, would love to know his qualifications to do so other than Mr. Troll.
If you win a match you will not criticise the officials, at least not openly, but I guarantee over a pint afterwards they do
"Mr Troll" is he? Then you must be his cousin, "Mr. Boring". :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
Care to elaborate
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm Following the seasons poor results, might the BOD use this accusation against Smurf to move him on or over, it would help to save their faces?
No
Is that your opinion or fact? :smt002
Opinion. Obviously. I never stated it was a fact. If you’re going to pick me up on something that I’ve picked somebody else up on, then make sure it’s actually worth picking up. :smt002
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I worked out his angle :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:29 pm So we've been took the rise out of due to an embarrassing season,now I'm getting it rubbed in about Murphy's charge,now it looks like he could be banned so there will be more mickey taking at the start of next season and it hasn't even begun!! Can it get any worse?!
First offence, depending on severity of what’s happened may be a suspended ban and fine.
If it is a ban will be a number of games, and season starts with cup games
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

1989Tiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm The ref was awful. One of, if not the worst performance from a ref I’ve ever seen since I’ve been watching rugby.

If only referees could be replaced at half time when they are having a bad game, like players can.

I would say the same, even if we had won the game.
What a shame we do not have red and yellow cards + TMO replays on Referees and officials.
If the answer is Craig Maxwell Keys then you are asking the wrong question!!!
Some one on here thought that SirTony Spreadbury was in the stands on Saturday, not sure that is a good sign for us but at least he heard what we thought of CMK's indecision and 6 TMO's.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Everything just seems to be against us at present :smt009
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Everything seems to be against us by our own making.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:37 pm I worked out his angle :smt005
:smt052
CharlieTiger

Post by CharlieTiger »

Bad example if proven.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm Everything seems to be against us by our own making.
Give it a rest
A2O
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:32 pm
fentiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 pm Greg Garner?
He seems to be getting rewarded for his incompetence now!
Not the same one as the ref who has appeared in premiership games, just share a name.

Traveller seems to take every possible opening to have a dig, would love to know his qualifications to do so other than Mr. Troll.
If you win a match you will not criticise the officials, at least not openly, but I guarantee over a pint afterwards they do
I am not 'having a dig'. I don't think I could be clearer or more consistent. Tigers haven't been well coached this year. I am not alone in taking that view. Every statistic you look at about the season ended confirms that (with the exception of bonus points won). Murphy leads that coaching team and so has to shoulder responsibility as a consequence. I wrote in an earlier post that I've met him on a couple of occasions and he was generous, impressive and modest. He had no reason to give me any of his time, but he did. That's not trolling, its not having 'a dig', it's an opinion.

I think he was a true great as a player for Tigers. However the incompetence (and by definition that is what it has been) of the BOD means that he has been thrust into a position for which he is ill prepared. However now that he is there I think he continue in the role and be underpinned by more competent / experienced coaches. Otherwise the club will lose what little credibility it has left in serious coaches. That's not trolling, it's not 'a dig', it's an opinion.

My hope is that he is found not to have contravened any regulations / laws. However if he has and Tigers have to start the season without him doing what he is paid to do, then that will be really unhelpful. If he is found 'guilty' it is perhaps indicative of his lack of readiness for the position he holds.

About 18 months ago I posted that I thought our back 5 (4-8) was the worst I could remember having supported Tigers for 50 years. Last week I posted that I am more positive about the forthcoming season than many of others because of some of the signings, specifically in the back 5 (4-8); obviously others thought there was a need to bolster 4-8. It wasn't trolling, not a 'dig', it was 'an opinion'.

I'm surprised that not one of the key decision makers in the hiring and firing of a parade of coaches has not had the good grace to resign. And wait for it, that is not trolling, now what is it........eight letters.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

or even seven!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I have been a season ticket holder since 1984 and have only missed 3 home games in that time. If you think that it is our worst 4-8 you have not been paying attention. When I first started following the Tigers our pack was Dean Richards and we relied totally on our backs to win games so please get your facts right before posting !
A2O
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Traveller thanks for your post, and now you have put some meat on the bones I agree with a lot of what you say.

For the record I have no issues with a coach taking issue with bad refereeing, it shows passion and commitment to the cause, and also huge disappointment in having the match taken from his grasp in the last minute, a large part of which was down to poor officials.
I’ve no doubt he will receive a punishment, this is the rfu after all, and hope he will learn from the incident in what ever role he is doing next season