New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New Kit

Post by WirralExile »

Has anyone else had an email from Tigers today about the new shop and kit? The one I have received has some background to the bringing of the retail operation back in-house and says that Tigers and the teamwear partners will be the only stockists of the new official Leicester Tigers gear. It won't be found at other online stores or the high street.
It then goes on to say that they won't be "stacking high and selling cheap" (remember the last days of the old kit - shirts for £12!!). Prices will remain appropriate with adult replica shirts from £60 and a new fantastic top-quality cotton Captains Collection coming in September from £70.
With smaller runs and tighter stock control, they will not be looking to have major pre-Christmas sales so recommend that you buy early to support the club. The say that they will run out!

I am making an assumption here that the Captains Collection will be what we know and love as the classic jersey.

The mail finishes by offering ways of providing feedback on the shop and anything else we'd like to see them stock.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

WirralExile wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 pm Has anyone else had an email from Tigers today about the new shop and kit? The one I have received has some background to the bringing of the retail operation back in-house and says that Tigers and the teamwear partners will be the only stockists of the new official Leicester Tigers gear. It won't be found at other online stores or the high street.
It then goes on to say that they won't be "stacking high and selling cheap" (remember the last days of the old kit - shirts for £12!!). Prices will remain appropriate with adult replica shirts from £60 and a new fantastic top-quality cotton Captains Collection coming in September from £70.
With smaller runs and tighter stock control, they will not be looking to have major pre-Christmas sales so recommend that you buy early to support the club. The say that they will run out!

I am making an assumption here that the Captains Collection will be what we know and love as the classic jersey.

The mail finishes by offering ways of providing feedback on the shop and anything else we'd like to see them stock.
Yes I received the mail shot and thought it was very positive especially advising on the use of the "T" branding.
Setting up the Club Store at any time is difficult with cash outlay but to do it in these hard times is a real challenge and "Boy!" Tigers have had some challenges in the last few months. I am convinced the inhouse store will be a great improvement but please give it time and our support over the next few months. :smt023
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Just looked at the new kit, home kit looks like a barbers shop pole and the away kit like a decorators overalls, not impressed at all !!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SIZING

Thank you to Andrew, a Crumbie-ite, who recommended we sent out the sizing chart before we went live - please click on the button below. You will be pleased to hear, I hope, that Samurai are a little more generous in their sizing and use a rugby cut, so if you’re an ex-prop like me we hope to lose you an X or two along the way. Samurai use the same factory, which they control, for all their garments and so we believe sizing will be much more consistent than in previous years.

Sizing guides below in link

https://darkroom.leicestertigers.com/or ... dium=email
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Can anyone confirm ?
Has the (presumably) new Academy kit design been unveiled yet ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Just to add balance......
I love the Alternative Kit and Love the Home kit and I love Marmite - Can't stand Vegemite.
I love the idea that the store is in house and profits therefore remain within the club and not going to third party in Manchester.
If you don't like the new kit then don't purchase. Wear your favoured Jersey with pride as it shows a rich history of the club.
I would prefer to wear the new Kit with pride in honour of 31+ who have lost their jobs to keep this club going for future generations.
Say we achieve during the 2020/2021 season how many would then decide to purchase? ( if they can afford the price )

Only problem I've got is which one to purchase.or do I buy one now and the other later ( if finances allow )
Oh - Christmas is a coming!!!!!! - Sorted......... :smt111 :smt114
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:37 pm Just looked at the new kit, home kit looks like a barbers shop pole and the away kit like a decorators overalls, not impressed at all !!!
Don’t buy it then.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Personally I like them both, the alternate is very different, I probably prefer it to the home (My preference would be for a boring home strip.)
Will wait for the training gear to see what might open my wallet or make a gift list.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:01 pm Personally I like them both, the alternate is very different, I probably prefer it to the home (My preference would be for a boring home strip.)
Will wait for the training gear to see what might open my wallet or make a gift list.
Well you've only got to wait until tomorrow to see the new training kit. The club have also confirmed how season ticket holders can claim the 10% discount online.

Got to say I like how organised this has been and how well they've communicated the ongoing development. I like the away kit and am looking forward to seeing what the captain's range is going to look like.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If you like the alternative kit, you're going to love the warm-up kit!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:10 pm If you like the alternative kit, you're going to love the warm-up kit!
Tease!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Maybe the training kit is pink!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:41 pm Maybe the training kit is pink!
No pink in the training kit.

No pink in the warm up kit (well - maybe a little).

No pink.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Why the fascination with pink?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

What’s wrong with thinking it might be pink?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni