New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

glenn

Re: New Kit

Post by glenn »

I haven't purchased a 'new' shirt for years now, since the classy black euro one actually!
However I have purchased two of our short sleeved ones and of season via Lovell and eBay. I have waited and managed to scour the internet for the traditional style shirt via Superdry (as much as I loved it, I wasn't paying £60+)
My, reticence in buying a shirt for the new season has played off for me as I can't attend many games but always get chatting with someone who has my 'older' shirt and loves it still.
However, if like in days of yaw, we released that new kit in april/May I would want to show it off..... Ok maybe not last season....on my holidays or for the final few games etc. Also, give me a nice smart kit and I would buy it, provide me with the options that the hairyqueens had from Adidas and I would be skint! It can be done, but it seems at the moments the fans who are being "done"
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 pm Shorter season for 2019/20.
World cup and new kit to boot. The life span of this seasons kit is therefore short.
As already stated, surly sponsorships should have been sorted earlier and therefore new seasons kit rolled out.

I’m sure the sponsorship deals were sorted months ago. Hence (IMHO), with them being announced, we are probably close to the new kit being unveiled.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

The issue is not a deal with Kukri or not, but the deal with Kitbag, in whose hands matters of Tigers kit lies and who therefore have control over which manufacturer will supply kit and over what period, the Club having some but not overriding input.

The Club is looking forward to getting back control at the end of the Kitbag deal in a season or two’s time.

It may be observed, I suppose, that the current Board/Officers frustrated with Kitbag is the same Board/Officer who appointed them.

But also that, despite conformity to contractual details, all sorts of deals don’t work out as hoped.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hopefully our kit is better than the Wasps kit!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Not sure the officers that are frustrated by the Kitbag/Fanatics contract were actually in situ when the contract was signed and agreed.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:53 pm Hopefully our kit is better than the Wasps kit!
https://www.waspsshop.co.uk/kit/home-kit/

The huge Vodafone logo clashes nicely doesn't it. If you changed the yellow decals on the sleeves to red it would pass for a Sarries shirt.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:52 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:53 pm Hopefully our kit is better than the Wasps kit!

The huge Vodafone logo clashes nicely doesn't it. If you changed the yellow decals on the sleeves to red it would pass for a Sarries shirt.
I've just seen a Traffic Officer on the M1 dressed like that....or was it his cones....or his tape?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
glenn

Post by glenn »

£70 for the basic insect home shirt. Jeez!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 pm Not sure the officers that are frustrated by the Kitbag/Fanatics contract were actually in situ when the contract was signed and agreed.
And was that not the same contract that gave us Canterbury, who many apparently wish to see provide our kit again, in the first place?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:52 pm

That logo is some target, best get chest pads for their players, 60GG for their props!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Grimlish wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm Is this significant?

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... n-practice
Thats the same kit the Academy has been wearing for a few seasons now
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm
Grimlish wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm Is this significant?

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... n-practice
Thats the same kit the Academy has been wearing for a few seasons now
The thing about those shirts is that if they just stick the first team sponsors on then they'd sell very well.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I have told Tigers multiple times to put the Academy shirt on sale, but they won’t budge? Why? Because it would sell more than the home/alternate kits, also I think it’s good that the academy has a separate kit rather than wearing leftover kits from previous seasons, which did happen in the past.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

JWM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm The issue is not a deal with Kukri or not, but the deal with Kitbag, in whose hands matters of Tigers kit lies and who therefore have control over which manufacturer will supply kit and over what period, the Club having some but not overriding input.

The Club is looking forward to getting back control at the end of the Kitbag deal in a season or two’s time.

It may be observed, I suppose, that the current Board/Officers frustrated with Kitbag is the same Board/Officer who appointed them.

But also that, despite conformity to contractual details, all sorts of deals don’t work out as hoped.
Quality isn't great tho is it.

I'm actually wearing one of these hoodies right now (https://store.leicestertigers.com/store ... 26-hoodies)

and the left pocket is smaller than the right pocket. Where's the logic in that, can't be any proper sign off of the quality.