New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by JP14 »

By the looks of the new videos and pictures on Twitter it looks as though we staying with Kukri.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Canterbury is the best kit maker by a country mile, playing kit is great but the training kit is brilliant. Most on here whinged like mad when we had Canterbury though so I don’t think anyone can win!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Duncan B wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm Canterbury is the best kit maker by a country mile, playing kit is great but the training kit is brilliant. Most on here whinged like mad when we had Canterbury though so I don’t think anyone can win!!
Well, they did give us “the bib”. And a black stripe. And horizontal pin-stripes. And the orange monstrosity. And the white diamond quilt. And introduced polyester-cotton “classic” shirts

Other than that, most excellent. :smt003
glenn

Post by glenn »

I loved the orange shirt, but the sizings where all over the place, the large shirt i have is more a small medium! Or compression shirt!!!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My Kooga 15-16 shirt is a “small” yet still is too big for me now!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:13 am My Kooga 15-16 shirt is a “small” yet still is too big for me now!
Kooga sizing was variable! :smt003
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:10 am
Duncan B wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm Canterbury is the best kit maker by a country mile, playing kit is great but the training kit is brilliant. Most on here whinged like mad when we had Canterbury though so I don’t think anyone can win!!
Well, they did give us “the bib”. And a black stripe. And horizontal pin-stripes. And the orange monstrosity. And the white diamond quilt. And introduced polyester-cotton “classic” shirts

I quite liked the tiger striped ones! I know a lot of traditionalists didn’t, but the quality of the playing kit is top class, and the training kit. Most of the training kit was really smart, and the whole range was widely available. I thought the second shirt (the predominantly green with the red, black and white) was actually pretty cool too!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I quite liked them too, but IIRC people complained about having to deal with CCC’s generic shirt patterns.

Whoever it is, the club will never win.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Duncan B wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:20 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:10 am

I quite liked the tiger striped ones! I know a lot of traditionalists didn’t, but the quality of the playing kit is top class, and the training kit. Most of the training kit was really smart, and the whole range was widely available. I thought the second shirt (the predominantly green with the red, black and white) was actually pretty cool too!
As generally a leisure item, it doesn't matter what the quality is like if the design is not liked. People will buy "nice" stuff (very subjective I know) even if the quality is average, but if they don't like the design they won't buy, full stop. Personally I liked the tiger stripes in all colours, but loathed the bib with a passion. As for the rest of their designs, nah, not for me. Saved me a fortune, not buying any Canterbury stuff. With half a wardrobe full of Tigers shirts, there were other benefits - more use of older shirts, not having to find room for yet more shirts, getting out of the habit of buying the new kit each year because I always had etc.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The only Canterbury kit worth buying was the black strip.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

What opinions do people have of Samurai as a kit provider? Exeter and Doncaster are two clubs using them - not aware of others.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:41 pm What opinions do people have of Samurai as a kit provider? Exeter and Doncaster are two clubs using them - not aware of others.
As long as its designs fit the club’s ethos, and not some of Samurai’s occasionally “out there” designs, no problem at all.

Obviously some people would have a problem with the fact it isn’t a brand you’d find in JD Sports, but hey-ho.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:51 pm The only Canterbury kit worth buying was the black strip.
Both the home and away shirts in 13/14 were very good imo as was the home shirt in 14/15.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:08 am
jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:51 pm The only Canterbury kit worth buying was the black strip.
Both the home and away shirts in 13/14 were very good imo as was the home shirt in 14/15.
Totally agree! The black and charcoal tiger stripes European shirt is probably my favourite kit we have ever had!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I was really happy, having worn Canterbury kit all my life, when they at last produced Tigers’ kits and other items of clothing. Yes, I too didn’t get some of the designs (eg the bib one and orange one)but was pleased Canterbury brought an end of paying £70 for anything like player quality kit. I still wear Canterbury, waterproof tracky bottoms from some 25 years ago and they still look very good. Although I didn’t like last year’s England shirt, the previous kits, polo shirts etc are//were excellent quality. Last year’s kit and other clothing was poor quality and expensive: I only bought the home shirt as I liked the design but the material was poor. Adidas can produce good quality kit but in today’s competitive age any kit maker ought to produce decent kit at a reasonable price.
I did really like the shirt when we won in a Paris v Stade. I look forward to seeing what the season’s shirt is like and maybe it will be available before the season starts!