New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wbird4

New Kit

Post by wbird4 »

With Kukri's deal up, does anyone know anything about our kit supplier for next season?
Tiger93

Re: New Kit

Post by Tiger93 »

Adidas pulled out I heard
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Kukri's deal is not up, they are contracted for the next couple years I think. The kit manufacturer isn't something Tigers control directly as its subcontracted to a company who's name I forget. Cohen said they are currently trying to work a way of getting a different manufacturer but in the mean time they have told Kukri they expect better next season.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm Kukri's deal is not up, they are contracted for the next couple years I think. The kit manufacturer isn't something Tigers control directly as its subcontracted to a company who's name I forget. Cohen said they are currently trying to work a way of getting a different manufacturer but in the mean time they have told Kukri they expect better next season.
What was the issue with this year's kit?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm Kukri's deal is not up, they are contracted for the next couple years I think. The kit manufacturer isn't something Tigers control directly as its subcontracted to a company who's name I forget. Cohen said they are currently trying to work a way of getting a different manufacturer but in the mean time they have told Kukri they expect better next season.
Poor quality for a high price coupled with poor shipments I think too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

JP14 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Poor quality for a high price coupled with poor shipments I think too.
Also, the range of kit and training gear was, well, :censored:! Some items were also unavailable through the club shop but available elsewhere.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Kukri have it for one more season from what I understand. The deal was aligned with Kitbag, originally with Canterbury (part of the same business group), and the with Kooga after Canterbury changed hands, and now Kukri (after our issues with Kooga, although strangely enough, same factory...).

As for the new deal, there’s been a few names mentioned. I’m not sure it’ll be a big brand though; the club will have more “design control” with a smaller brand for a start, and possibly more of the profits.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:21 pm
Kukri have it for one more season from what I understand. The deal was aligned with Kitbag, originally with Canterbury (part of the same business group), and the with Kooga after Canterbury changed hands, and now Kukri (after our issues with Kooga, although strangely enough, same factory...).

As for the new deal, there’s been a few names mentioned. I’m not sure it’ll be a big brand though; the club will have more “design control” with a smaller brand for a start, and possibly more of the profits.
Thanks for the clarification, I could only remember snippets of what Cohen had said on Batemans podcast.

I'm glad Tigers are looking at some smaller brands as most of the big brands have kinda shoddy QC nowadays due to providing for so many teams, that said I've always fancied seeing a Kappa Tigers kit
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

I quite clearly remember Cohen saying we are with Kukri for a while yet - its the catering deal thats already been changed for next season.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Now I wonder who supplies Exeter Chiefs shirts and kit??? :smt002
Sounds like you have to fall on your sword to find out Tigers possible provider.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 pm Now I wonder who supplies Exeter Chiefs shirts and kit??? :smt002
Sounds like you have to fall on your sword to find out Tigers possible provider.
I've never been overly amazed by Samurai's designs, anybody know what the quality is like?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 pm Now I wonder who supplies Exeter Chiefs shirts and kit??? :smt002
I've never been overly amazed by Samurai's designs, anybody know what the quality is like?
I'll take your :smt002 and raise you :smt002 :smt002

I asked young Strawclearer what the supporters up at Doncaster thought of their supplier. 'Censored' sums it up best!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

strawclearer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 pm
I'll take your :smt002 and raise you :smt002 :smt002

I asked young Strawclearer what the supporters up at Doncaster thought of their supplier. 'Censored' sums it up best!
I'm starting to wonder if there are any good kit manufacturers out there, every team seems to complain about theirs
JOHNBOI

Post by JOHNBOI »

I've always loved the look of the adidas kits and would like to see what they would design for us. Any time ive had a all blacks shirt i have though they were pretty well made
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Come back Cotton Traders, all is forgiven...
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(