New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by jgriffin »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:58 am Well....that was worth the wait.
So for the first time in ages I'd have to by both home and alternative......Don't tell the good lady as finances are low,,,,,,,,
If I had to choose between one or t'other it would have to be alternative,. Cannot wait to see the team photo.
Who would not want to play in that kit?

By the by.....I'm a medium size. Does any one know how Samurai fit? Would I have to purchase a M or L. ( At advancing years I'm not as "Ripped" as I once was) No longer designed for the skin tight look.
I take large in Samurai kit, 43 chest, no beer gut. 😎
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
glenn

Post by glenn »

"The ruck" is likening the away kit to a wham bar.... Which I find hilarious.

I really like the away kit, also can't wait to see the stash In this style too. The home kits slant hopefully means we are on that rise following a failed period.or am.I reading too much I to it???
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am...no beer gut. 😎
That's a shame, i'm no doctor but i'd suggest you try and drink more beer then!

p.s. your welcome :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Both playing shirts are looking good.
I think it's a hard nut to crack these days with big branding, you've got to be bold and Samurai do a good job with this.
Fans of other clubs coming out and knocking your playing shirt is good, it means you're not hiding and being seen.
It wouldn't bother me if the home shirt were to one day adopt another design like the change shirt, it doesn't have to be traditional stripes for me but just shades of red green and white.
Last edited by BFG on Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

BFG wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am It wouldn't bother me if the home shirt were to one day adopt another design like the change shirt, it doesn't have to be traditional stripes for me but just shades of red green and white.
Some years ago, in the Cotton Traders era, one of the home shirts was predominantly green front and back with red panels and white stripe at the sides. I bought one and still have it, worn on occasion to the match.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:48 am The casual Facebook/Twitter fan brigade don’t like it, but I love the away kit, how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit). Home jersey is starting to grow on me but in my opinion the stripes are too big and too few.
Think we need to see it on jp get what you mean though I do like the diagonal stripes.
Facebook crowd are wrong on this occasion
Yeah don't mind it being diagonal, I agree that we need to see both kits in person as the ones in the video were computer-animated.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 am
TigerMac3 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 pm Would love the club to replicate the home shirt on the previous academy shirt. From watching The Academy on RugbyPass I thought that would be a real hit with fans
Retro style home kit, along the lines of what the academy play in and then something like the current away kit. Tigers would make a small fortune by covering both the traditional and the modern. If the academy shirts went on sale I think they'd out sell the first team kit, I would certainly buy one.
Which is why they don't do it. Also I suppose they want the Academy shirts to be exclusive so the players' feel they're part of something!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

DingDong wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:41 am
jgriffin wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am...no beer gut. 😎
That's a shame, i'm no doctor but i'd suggest you try and drink more beer then!

p.s. your welcome :smt023
Alas, acidosis, IBS and increasing hypersensitivity have put paid to ambition :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:48 am The casual Facebook/Twitter fan brigade don’t like it, but I love the away kit, how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit). Home jersey is starting to grow on me but in my opinion the stripes are too big and too few.
Think we need to see it on jp get what you mean though I do like the diagonal stripes.
Yeah don't mind it being diagonal, I agree that we need to see both kits in person as the ones in the video were computer-animated.
The website versions (active via the homepage since mid-day) are easier to appreciate.
Earlier talk of "Indian Cricket" blue and rainbow colours suggest certain forum members had an inside track :smt002
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

For me I wonder of those that hate it would suddenly love it if it was from Stade.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Longshanks wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am

The website versions (active via the homepage since mid-day) are easier to appreciate.
Earlier talk of "Indian Cricket" blue and rainbow colours suggest certain forum members had an inside track :smt002
I think the opinion of a very select few supporters was sort before release, and the threat of a visit from Dan Cole in the early hours of the morning if anything was leaked.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:44 pm For me I wonder of those that hate it would suddenly love it if it was from Stade.
Hey they’ve got Can Can girls we’ve got Bangra Dancers
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just seen a decent photo of the back of the change shirt, love the detail.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Not sure if you've seen the Microsite for the new kit yet, but interesting statement about the colours worn by the various levels of player:
"Our future players from our ‘Developing Player Programme’ will start their journey in the same black colours the club started its journey in back in 1880. As they rise through the ranks to the Academy, you will see them in our heritage colours from the 1970s and 80s before they finally develop into first-team players and earn their stripes… their new stripes."

I wonder if they will sell versions of all three kits in the shop?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where can i see the kit please?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer