New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by Mark62 »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 pm ...and now, Andrea Pinchen tweets to me:

"No need to be blue.........we’re in the pink!"

:smt005
Is that the Indian cricket teams change kit. 😂
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:41 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm For what it's worth my 4 guesses as to reaching new demographics

1. Very Bright/Bold maybe "tiger claws ripping through" - just attract the younger demographic as opposed to the traditional fan that will be happy with an old school Stripes.

Attracting younger fans with a bold kit would be cool, my 2 year old would love a shirt with something like this on:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/366480488418601218/

2. Pink - as a club promoting family values can see them trying this

3. Blue - as posters have sId Indian kits tend to be blue, if the go for the slightly darker blue that they have worn the last 5 or so years, the colour is not too far from another demographic that go to the King Power

4. Rainbow - I just don't particularly see us going the whole rainbow, as for me multicolored like that is a Quins thing in my head... that saida rainbow is very different and the home kit is going stripes it may work to get 7 stripes there?

There are lots of demographics out there, the most important one to me would be the younger generations, that's the future....
There was a powder blue change shirt a few years back which was popular as a casual shirt for fans
Still got mine. Argentinian blue I think, to welcome Marcel Loffreda maybe ? À tad unfortunate with his early departure.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks chipnchase
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm
strawclearer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 pm ...and now, Andrea Pinchen tweets to me:

"No need to be blue.........we’re in the pink!"

:smt005
Is that the Indian cricket teams change kit. 😂
In cricket you don't get a change kit, T20 kit can be different to ODI though
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It's an odd time to release a kit isn't it?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Maybe it's a late photoshoot RB and they wanted Taufua in there
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:52 pm Maybe it's a late photoshoot RB and they wanted Taufua in there
Maybe there's some other new signings they want in the photoshoot too🤞🤞🤞🤞
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let's hope so!!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:43 pm It's an odd time to release a kit isn't it?
Official release isn’t till tomorrow, you’ll just get an advance view by shaking the app.

It may of course need to tie in with being announced in another time zone, which would blow Bangkok out of the water as they’re 6 hours ahead.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Being reported by Egerton that the home kit especially is excellent. Also very good alternative kit but could be very much marmite.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:25 pm Being reported by Egerton that the home kit especially is excellent. Also very good alternative kit but could be very much marmite.
Andrea's Twitter feed suggests pink change kit...
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm For what it's worth my 4 guesses as to reaching new demographics

1. Very Bright/Bold maybe "tiger claws ripping through" - just attract the younger demographic as opposed to the traditional fan that will be happy with an old school Stripes.

Attracting younger fans with a bold kit would be cool, my 2 year old would love a shirt with something like this on:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/366480488418601218/

2. Pink - as a club promoting family values can see them trying this

3. Blue - as posters have sId Indian kits tend to be blue, if the go for the slightly darker blue that they have worn the last 5 or so years, the colour is not too far from another demographic that go to the King Power

4. Rainbow - I just don't particularly see us going the whole rainbow, as for me multicolored like that is a Quins thing in my head... that saida rainbow is very different and the home kit is going stripes it may work to get 7 stripes there?

There are lots of demographics out there, the most important one to me would be the younger generations, that's the future....
Well - with the exception of 'Pink' - and including home, away and training/warm-up strips - you and your 2 year old should be rather chuffed with your guesses!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Nice kit. Not sure about tops tiles though
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Need to see it in the flesh. Not convinced at the moment.
Will probably look nicer being worn by players.

And yeah, Tops Tiles....
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Looks like an old fashioned Barber's Pole with some green added.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.