Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Kit

Post by Scuttle »

Coops wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 am
JWM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm The issue is not a deal with Kukri or not, but the deal with Kitbag, in whose hands matters of Tigers kit lies and who therefore have control over which manufacturer will supply kit and over what period, the Club having some but not overriding input.

The Club is looking forward to getting back control at the end of the Kitbag deal in a season or two’s time.

It may be observed, I suppose, that the current Board/Officers frustrated with Kitbag is the same Board/Officer who appointed them.

But also that, despite conformity to contractual details, all sorts of deals don’t work out as hoped.
Quality isn't great tho is it.

I'm actually wearing one of these hoodies right now (https://store.leicestertigers.com/store ... 26-hoodies)

and the left pocket is smaller than the right pocket. Where's the logic in that, can't be any proper sign off of the quality.
So when it is your round do you tell your mates. .." sorry lads my wallet is stuck inside my left pocket .."? :smt009
As Good As It Gets
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Coops wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 am
JWM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm The issue is not a deal with Kukri or not, but the deal with Kitbag, in whose hands matters of Tigers kit lies and who therefore have control over which manufacturer will supply kit and over what period, the Club having some but not overriding input.

The Club is looking forward to getting back control at the end of the Kitbag deal in a season or two’s time.

It may be observed, I suppose, that the current Board/Officers frustrated with Kitbag is the same Board/Officer who appointed them.

But also that, despite conformity to contractual details, all sorts of deals don’t work out as hoped.
Quality isn't great tho is it.

I'm actually wearing one of these hoodies right now (https://store.leicestertigers.com/store ... 26-hoodies)

and the left pocket is smaller than the right pocket. Where's the logic in that, can't be any proper sign off of the quality.
Are you sure it's not that your left hand is bigger than your right? :smt002 Change your username to Clock :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 am
kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm
Grimlish wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm Is this significant?

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... n-practice
Thats the same kit the Academy has been wearing for a few seasons now
The thing about those shirts is that if they just stick the first team sponsors on then they'd sell very well.
I'd buy one instantly!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

ads wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:23 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 am
kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Thats the same kit the Academy has been wearing for a few seasons now
The thing about those shirts is that if they just stick the first team sponsors on then they'd sell very well.
I'd buy one instantly!
The problem with the light green is that it’s not the colour green we use anymore. Look at the stadium, it’s all dark green. The days of light green as our main colour are gone.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

You have seen the “Nottingham Building Society Stand”, right?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Grimlish wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 pm You have seen the “Nottingham Building Society Stand”, right?
I have. It has dark green seats :smt003
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The stand of course is ‘decorated’ in a much lighter green.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

The 'which green?' comments are completely valid. Any reputable brand always specifies their colours exactly through HEX, RGB and HSL codes. You wouldn't get Coca Cola saying "any red will do" or BMW settling for any old "blau und silber!" I'm sure we have a 'Tigers green' - don't we?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yeah, we had a 'Tigers green' then we made it darker. Which I think was actually going back to the original green or similar.
So we've changed it 2 or 3 times over the years already why not change it again!!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

ads wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 pm Yeah, we had a 'Tigers green' then we made it darker. Which I think was actually going back to the original green or similar.
So we've changed it 2 or 3 times over the years already why not change it again!!
Our original colour was black and then we even played in orange and black stripes before we started playing in green.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I think the current colour has been referred to as “Evergreen”. Whether it remains the same remains to be seen. :smt002
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Several shades of green have been used.

A difficulty I have with the current kit green is that beyond the h/w line it looks black. And beyond the far 22m line it all blends with the background of the supporters, adverts, etc. I can’t believe I’m alone.

A more distinct green might make distinguishing a bit easier.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With more than 14 days to go until the Premiership 7s kicks off, I’m hoping we will see some teases of the new kit soon.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Does it help to say that it’s green, red and white with an orange patch on the sleeve and big red patch on the top of the back?

:smt003
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am Does it help to say that it’s green, red and white with an orange patch on the sleeve and big red patch on the top of the back?

:smt003
It does :smt023

Purely personal preference but I think that the big red patch clashes with the green and is too big. But as they are sponsors, can't complain too much.