Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:41 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm For what it's worth my 4 guesses as to reaching new demographics

1. Very Bright/Bold maybe "tiger claws ripping through" - just attract the younger demographic as opposed to the traditional fan that will be happy with an old school Stripes.

Attracting younger fans with a bold kit would be cool, my 2 year old would love a shirt with something like this on:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/366480488418601218/

2. Pink - as a club promoting family values can see them trying this

3. Blue - as posters have sId Indian kits tend to be blue, if the go for the slightly darker blue that they have worn the last 5 or so years, the colour is not too far from another demographic that go to the King Power

4. Rainbow - I just don't particularly see us going the whole rainbow, as for me multicolored like that is a Quins thing in my head... that saida rainbow is very different and the home kit is going stripes it may work to get 7 stripes there?

There are lots of demographics out there, the most important one to me would be the younger generations, that's the future....
There was a powder blue change shirt a few years back which was popular as a casual shirt for fans
That’s an earlier training shirt. The powder blue alternate kit had considerable white trim and detail, as well as CAT being the sponsor. :smt001

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams ... s3817.html
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

For some reason the player I most associate with the Blue kit is Jordan Crane. Maybe because he has the matching scrum cap.
castrofan
Tiger Cub

Post by castrofan »

My guess..... ( and it is a wild guess!)... Leicester city blue with stripes... would fit the ‘different demographic’ that was discussed, and a big maybe but king power as a new sponsor ? :smt031
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Not long now .Maybe even a surprise to go with the new kit ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

castrofan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:45 am My guess..... ( and it is a wild guess!)... Leicester city blue with stripes... would fit the ‘different demographic’ that was discussed, and a big maybe but king power as a new sponsor ? :smt031
Funny you mention king Power, I had the same thought yesterday, and would fit in with widening the fan base.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

If King Power were announced as sponsor that would be the best kept secret in the clubs history
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:43 am If King Power were announced as sponsor that would be the best kept secret in the clubs history
Now that would be good!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:43 am If King Power were announced as sponsor that would be the best kept secret in the clubs history
Very true. Looking at it purely hypothetically, but trying to be logical. The cost of kit sponsorship for the remainder of this season, and next, is pocket change for them, and would give them a chance of looking at new markets.
Also the tigers do have at least one partnership club in that area of Asia, though I don’t think it’s Thailand
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 am
Very true. Looking at it purely hypothetically, but trying to be logical. The cost of kit sponsorship for the remainder of this season, and next, is pocket change for them, and would give them a chance of looking at new markets.
Also the tigers do have at least one partnership club in that area of Asia, though I don’t think it’s Thailand
Bangkok Lions are a community linked club though they are primarily a youth side according to the website. The link to the team in Kuala Lumpur is I think a bigger one.

King Power would see it as pocket change but they also don't spend money needlessly. Their work at Leicester City is very astute and the club generally make profit. They won't just throw some money at Leicester Tigers for shirt sponsorship unless there's a marketing opportunity for the brand. Which there could be I don't know their business model or aims for growth.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What time is the launch?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

I think its likely to be a company with local presence and personal ties to the area.

Rugby sponsorship very rarely creates any real return on the investment. Just look at the Premiership

Exeter - SW Comms
Bristol - TooGood International - Bristol based logistics
Sale - UK Fast - NW IT business ran by a loverly chap (https://www.ft.com/content/afffb542-f57 ... f8794b17c6)
Northampton - Travis Perkins - HQ in Northampoton
Newcastle - Northern Rock

You kinda get the idea...
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am What time is the launch?
6pm
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 pm
Longshanks wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:41 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

There was a powder blue change shirt a few years back which was popular as a casual shirt for fans
That’s an earlier training shirt. The powder blue alternate kit had considerable white trim and detail, as well as CAT being the sponsor. :smt001

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams ... s3817.html
I believe the "electric blue!" shirt was down to the associate sponsorship of GE General Electric of Groby & Rugby similarly the orange shirt was down to Stihl too.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

...and now, Andrea Pinchen tweets to me:

"No need to be blue.........we’re in the pink!"

:smt005
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:48 am
I think its likely to be a company with local presence and personal ties to the area.

Rugby sponsorship very rarely creates any real return on the investment. Just look at the Premiership

Exeter - SW Comms
Bristol - TooGood International - Bristol based logistics
Sale - UK Fast - NW IT business ran by a loverly chap (https://www.ft.com/content/afffb542-f57 ... f8794b17c6)
Northampton - Travis Perkins - HQ in Northampoton
Newcastle - Northern Rock

You kinda get the idea...
Of course it’s all supposition, but just to counter your list, Quins have DHL, Gloucester have Mitsubishi, Bath have Dyson, Worcester have Greene King, who aren’t local, and Wasps have Vodafone, so all global brands other than possibly Greene King.