New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Probably much bigger concerns for the club to deal with right now than perfecting a kit launch.

It'll be green. It will also have a bit of red and white and a Tigers logo, some sponsorship and be shaped like a rugby shirt - available in a range of sizes to fit both the larger gentleman and his stick thin trophy wife, and everyone else in between.

There you go, launch done.
Agree with you about the kit Tiglon, but please can I have a trophy wife :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 am
Probably much bigger concerns for the club to deal with right now than perfecting a kit launch.

It'll be green. It will also have a bit of red and white and a Tigers logo, some sponsorship and be shaped like a rugby shirt - available in a range of sizes to fit both the larger gentleman and his stick thin trophy wife, and everyone else in between.

Agree with you about the kit Tiglon, but please can I have a trophy wife :smt003
Sorry, they're out of stock. New range coming at the end of the month. Or maybe next month...
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Tiglon wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 am

Sorry, they're out of stock. New range coming at the end of the month. Or maybe next month...
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

chipnchase wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:29 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 am
chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Ok I'll answer your assumptions first shall i.

- Samurai do have control over their 'end to end' supply that one one of the things thats been pushed today in the announcement of their new iconix range (don't worry you can fact check that later).
- See above, freight is moving freely from the Far East and has been for the last two months.
- Its boxes of clothing not a car, why would you ship them?

If you think they have to wait for the entire stock to be delivered to take photos, record videos etc your living in a dream world.

Suppliers go through the prototype phase of multiple designs, they then move to the final sign off of the final design/ end product before they commit to the bulk order.

They have the kit, they're not taking a flyer on it turning out looking OK after theyve ordered a few thousand.

They could easily release the design today, count down to online order and then announce general purchase through the store.

It feels like theyve got over excited, blurted something out and then not reset expectation.

I know its sounds like im being negative, im not. I want to buy one and support the club. I don't want to see the club fail but I have to cringe when I see things like this that are appallingly executed. Even if they made an announcement prior to say they would be moving the date back due to shipping issues, or lack of access to players/ facilities, etc it shows transparency good communication will your target market. Ideally you want to release something like a large one off purchase on pay day or just before it when people have money burning a hole in their pocket for commodity purchases.

Even a drip feed of heres the home kit pre order today at a small discount and then follow up with the change kit and then release the classic/ retro range.

Answer your question?
Yet you’ll still purchase a shirt when they are available!
Thanks for that, I’ve heard that’s often the end result. I’m assuming you down work in sales / marketing then.
My point was that even though you’re moaning about the design not being released yet, you will still buy it, so it makes no difference.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

From the Tigers website

The Leicester Tigers store at Welford Road and online are now closed ahead of a reopening this summer with the launch of the club’s new partnership with kit suppliers Samurai.

If you do need to contact the shop in the meantime, phone 0116 319 8888 (option 3) where any queries concerning current orders will be answered by the customer service team.

The 2020/21 Tigers kit will be revealed in mid-July, with the all-new Leicester Tigers Club Shop open online from Monday, July 27 and new kit deliveries from the week commencing August 17.

The Club Shop at Welford Road stadium will reopen in August with COVID-19 social distancing protection in place.

Keep an eye on the Tigers club website for further updates on the 2020/21 team kit and how to make sure you’re first to see it.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

^^ Just to add to this:

The new Leicester Tigers first-team kits for the 2020/21 season will be launched next week.

Tigers have been working with new kit supplier Samurai on a fresh new look for the new campaign and the home and change kits will be revealed on Wednesday, July 15.

As Tigers take the retail operation back in house this summer, the Club Shop will reopen online from Monday, July 27 for pre-orders, with delivery scheduled for the week commencing August 17.

The shop at Welford Road will re-open during August, subject to COVID-19 restrictions and advice.

Keep an eye on the Tigers club website for more details about the kit and how you can be among the first to see it.

The new kits will be worn for the first time at the start of the 2020/21 season, with the current campaign due to resume in August following clearance to move to the second stage of a return to training this week.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Interesting the new kits will be worn during the 2020/21 season but it looks as though the current 19/20 kit will be worn until the end of this season, I wonder how many clubs will follow suit in this regard?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 pm Interesting the new kits will be worn during the 2020/21 season but it looks as though the current 19/20 kit will be worn until the end of this season, I wonder how many clubs will follow suit in this regard?
I think this is quite understandable if the shirt sponsors have paid for the 2019 / 20 season they would expect their badge to be worn until the end of season. I only hope there are enough of the old shirts available & serviceable until the end and those with departed players names can be salvaged.
Furthermore we do not want to over wear these new shirts. :smt002
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

wormus wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 pm Interesting the new kits will be worn during the 2020/21 season but it looks as though the current 19/20 kit will be worn until the end of this season, I wonder how many clubs will follow suit in this regard?
I think this is quite understandable if the shirt sponsors have paid for the 2019 / 20 season they would expect their badge to be worn until the end of season. I only hope there are enough of the old shirts available & serviceable until the end and those with departed players names can be salvaged.
For exactly this reason regarding H&B as main sponsor and current kit supplier , they are committed to wearing the old kit on the pitch.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I suppose it depends on kit supplier and sponsor changes.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

wormus wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm
Thanks that does make sense. Speaking of sponsors, by the way Andrea tweeted about the launch video it looks as though we have a new main sponsor (although H&B probably will still be on the shirt).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

well after the latest LTTV I can't wait to see the new change shirt!!
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

Couple of comments that were made regarding the ‘change’ jersey made me wonder whether the it would be along the lines of the Diwali jersey the Riders BBall team used. Embracing the diverse culture that Leicester is?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Loob19 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 pm Couple of comments that were made regarding the ‘change’ jersey made me wonder whether the it would be along the lines of the Diwali jersey the Riders BBall team used. Embracing the diverse culture that Leicester is?
“Opens us up to a whole new demographic”

?
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Pink?