New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

happywomble

Re: New Kit

Post by happywomble »

Ah well. I kind of like the dark colours, blending the red through to the green from side to side. If that's the base, with more vivid club colours on top, it could be rather good! :smt018
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

How can something like this be managed so badly?

At a time when they need income would you not have thought managing customers expectations may have been a good idea?
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:45 pm How can something like this be managed so badly?

At a time when they need income would you not have thought managing customers expectations may have been a good idea?
Handle what badly? The kit hasn't been announced or released yet.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Announced on LTTV early June 'The kit will be released at the end of this month with a range of supporters shirts and classic range'...

2 weeks later Peter Tom talking about the money they've invested into buying their own stock so they can control everything and reiterated the importance of income from merch at a time when the club isnt able to play.

Bondi talking about features of the shirt which is due to drop.

1st July..... Shops been taken down and Samurai have updated their shirt technology :smt012

The whole thing is just amateur.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

There is a pandemic at the moment and whilst Kit may be important to some, there may have been some delays beyond the Clubs control such as shipping, Samurai able to complete the order on time. This pandemic has put most things on the backfoot and reviews of the clubs finances and staffing have been ongoing. The Club needs to survive and focus on the most important items, seems to be players currently!
Please give them some slack.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

The pandemic was already well and truly with us before the club chose to announce the end of June kit launch. If that was premature and ill-judged then the club should admit it. I will cut the club's management some slack when it shows some respect for the fans - this morning's "Update', 48 hours after the BBC Sport headline, was too little too late.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It was pretty obvious something Samurai planned given it's the day of their new kit style release.
Tigers was most likely going to be their main club to show off, you know new partner etc.

Why must it always be the clubs fault for some?
Sometimes it can just be bad timing.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:12 pm
1st July..... Shops been taken down and Samurai have updated their shirt technology :smt012

Go on then, let’s hear how you would gave done it then?

Assumptions:

- You have no control over production in (I assume) in China. There is a backlog of several months due to “some pandemic”.
- You have no control over shipping as this is down the the factory and their logistics partner. Air freight capacity has been severely reduced by “some pandemic”.
- You could put it on a ship. It might arrive by September.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whilst I’m disappointed, I understand the club’s decision to postpone two weeks, it won’t hurt much in the grand scheme of things and probably the launch video needs a reshoot too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Assumptions:

- You have no control over production in (I assume) in China. There is a backlog of several months due to “some pandemic”.
- You have no control over shipping as this is down the the factory and their logistics partner. Air freight capacity has been severely reduced by “some pandemic”.
Ok I'll answer your assumptions first shall i.

- Samurai do have control over their 'end to end' supply that one one of the things thats been pushed today in the announcement of their new iconix range (don't worry you can fact check that later).
- See above, freight is moving freely from the Far East and has been for the last two months.
- Its boxes of clothing not a car, why would you ship them?

If you think they have to wait for the entire stock to be delivered to take photos, record videos etc your living in a dream world.

Suppliers go through the prototype phase of multiple designs, they then move to the final sign off of the final design/ end product before they commit to the bulk order.

They have the kit, they're not taking a flyer on it turning out looking OK after theyve ordered a few thousand.

They could easily release the design today, count down to online order and then announce general purchase through the store.

It feels like theyve got over excited, blurted something out and then not reset expectation.

I know its sounds like im being negative, im not. I want to buy one and support the club. I don't want to see the club fail but I have to cringe when I see things like this that are appallingly executed. Even if they made an announcement prior to say they would be moving the date back due to shipping issues, or lack of access to players/ facilities, etc it shows transparency good communication will your target market. Ideally you want to release something like a large one off purchase on pay day or just before it when people have money burning a hole in their pocket for commodity purchases.

Even a drip feed of heres the home kit pre order today at a small discount and then follow up with the change kit and then release the classic/ retro range.

Answer your question?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I suggest you apply for a job then and take control of the club.

I take issue on your claim that air freight levels remain the same. True, pure freight movers are still busy, but the volume just isn’t there at the moment without the extra capacity provided by the scheduled passenger services.

Putting it on a ship was a joke. Obviously, judging by your essay, you didn’t realise. :smt002 :smt003
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 am I suggest you apply for a job then and take control of the club.

I take issue on your claim that air freight levels remain the same. True, pure freight movers are still busy, but the volume just isn’t there at the moment without the extra capacity provided by the scheduled passenger services.

Putting it on a ship was a joke. Obviously, judging by your essay, you didn’t realise. :smt002 :smt003
Enjoy your trolling. It’s obviously filling a void somewhere in your existence.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Assumptions:

- Samurai do have control over their 'end to end' supply that one one of the things thats been pushed today in the announcement of their new iconix range (don't worry you can fact check that later).
- See above, freight is moving freely from the Far East and has been for the last two months.

If you think they have to wait for the entire stock to be delivered to take photos, record videos etc your living in a dream world.

Suppliers go through the prototype phase of multiple designs, they then move to the final sign off of the final design/ end product before they commit to the bulk order.

They have the kit, they're not taking a flyer on it turning out looking OK after theyve ordered a few thousand.

They could easily release the design today, count down to online order and then announce general purchase through the store.

It feels like theyve got over excited, blurted something out and then not reset expectation.

I know its sounds like im being negative, im not. I want to buy one and support the club. I don't want to see the club fail but I have to cringe when I see things like this that are appallingly executed. Even if they made an announcement prior to say they would be moving the date back due to shipping issues, or lack of access to players/ facilities, etc it shows transparency good communication will your target market. Ideally you want to release something like a large one off purchase on pay day or just before it when people have money burning a hole in their pocket for commodity purchases.

Even a drip feed of heres the home kit pre order today at a small discount and then follow up with the change kit and then release the classic/ retro range.

Answer your question?
Yet you’ll still purchase a shirt when they are available!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 am
chipnchase wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Assumptions:

Answer your question?
Yet you’ll still purchase a shirt when they are available!
Thanks for that, I’ve heard that’s often the end result. I’m assuming you down work in sales / marketing then.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Probably much bigger concerns for the club to deal with right now than perfecting a kit launch.

It'll be green. It will also have a bit of red and white and a Tigers logo, some sponsorship and be shaped like a rugby shirt - available in a range of sizes to fit both the larger gentleman and his stick thin trophy wife, and everyone else in between.

There you go, launch done.