Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by JP14 »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:18 pm They have already announced it will be launched mid-to-end June which I think is satisfactory and a huge improvement on the kit announcement last season which wasn't until mid August!
I am minded that I wore the new 2013/14 season jersey to the 2013 may final.
Yes the first two Canterbury kits were revealed at the end of the season and worn in the playoffs. So when we lost to Harlequins in 2012 we wore the bib kit, then the following season when we won the Prem last we wore the 13/14 kit in the semifinal and final.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Maybe the kits will be revealed this week?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

There's a competition to win a signed shirt for fathers day. Entries close tomorrow, so I reckon that would be the earliest but more likely Monday next week.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Well they have only just advertised flogging off the old stock, so I wouldn't imagine they will unveil the new kit this week as it gives them very little time to shift the old. It does still say June for the new kit reveal though.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fa ... gers-store
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

happywomble wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm Well they have only just advertised flogging off the old stock, so I wouldn't imagine they will unveil the new kit this week as it gives them very little time to shift the old. It does still say June for the new kit reveal though.

That’s been running for weeks. I suspect it’ll still run til the day before the contract ends.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm
happywomble wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm Well they have only just advertised flogging off the old stock, so I wouldn't imagine they will unveil the new kit this week as it gives them very little time to shift the old. It does still say June for the new kit reveal though.

That’s been running for weeks. I suspect it’ll still run til the day before the contract ends.
Ah, maybe final push for sales before the grand unveiling!!! Fingers crossed :smt018 :smt018
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

happywomble wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:31 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Ah, maybe final push for sales before the grand unveiling!!! Fingers crossed :smt018 :smt018
I think so. I suspect the club is contractually obliged to do so until the day Fanatics are shown the door!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Worth noting the players have returned to training in Kukri gear.

Suggests contract will have to run to June 30th with no early movement?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm Worth noting the players have returned to training in Kukri gear.

Suggests contract will have to run to June 30th with no early movement?
Would suspect ,irrespective of circumstances,the dates are set in stone so to speak.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Not too long before we all get to see the new kit, but just keeping the guessing game going...
I don't know how long they have been there, but the Club's twitter feed currently incorporates the following: 'Club first', 'tough' 'passionate' 'driven'.
Following GM's hint about the new shirts incorporating something a little different to reflect the Club's values, what are the odds on these words appearing somewhere on the new kit?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am Not too long before we all get to see the new kit, but just keeping the guessing game going...
I don't know how long they have been there, but the Club's twitter feed currently incorporates the following: 'Club first', 'tough' 'passionate' 'driven'.
Following GM's hint about the new shirts incorporating something a little different to reflect the Club's values, what are the odds on these words appearing somewhere on the new kit?
I hope not :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am Not too long before we all get to see the new kit, but just keeping the guessing game going...
A bit like Sarries plastering their 'values' around the ground?

Well - it would certainly put a new slant on things!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I would prefer us to only wear the change strip when we actually have to rather than automatically when playing away.
Maybe keep that for 2 years, change home strip every season? They must research the sales numbers on changing strips every season, if you keep a strip for 2 seasons do you sell more as a better value purchase?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:09 pm I would prefer us to only wear the change strip when we actually have to rather than automatically when playing away.
Maybe keep that for 2 years, change home strip every season? They must research the sales numbers on changing strips every season, if you keep a strip for 2 seasons do you sell more as a better value purchase?
I think they probably sell more than enough of the alternate shirt to make it worth their while changing it annually.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Don't think we're not too far away from the reveal...