Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by loretta »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm
loretta wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:08 pmBath by 10-15
More like 4.15, I reckon!
Very good! Yes looking at both teams and benches this could be our worse home defeat yet,maybe I was being too positive be with 10-15,this could be an absolute schellacking!
I reckon we're in for an utter pasting. I'll be there though, as I will be next year, but I'm looking forward to observing the last rites on this season. If it was a horse, you'd have shot it in February!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

No comparison between those two teams regrettably.

I can see another embarrassing home defeat, just to finish the season in the style to which we have become accustomed!

Obviously very much hope they prove me wrong!!!!!!!!
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

How’s it a comical, embarrassing day?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Asking players if they wanna play (if true?) Behave!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BG01

Post by BG01 »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm No comparison between those two teams regrettably.

I can see another embarrassing home defeat, just to finish the season in the style to which we have become accustomed!

No comparison? Except that we're better at 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12?

I agree that they've put out a really good team, especially the backs and bench, and that we haven't been playing well lately. But let's not pretend that our players are all rubbish.
Never believe generalisations
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I certainly won't find anything comical about losing to Bath at home, but I love Loretta's comment about shooting the horse in February..... :smt002 :smt003
Soggypitch
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm I certainly won't find anything comical about losing to Bath at home, but I love Loretta's comment about shooting the horse in February..... :smt002 :smt003
Ta :smt004
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

On current form it's only Ford and possibly Spencer who would make it into that Bath 23. We're going to get battered and that's depressing but expected at this point, not making Smithy captain however just seems downright rude!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

BG01 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm No comparison between those two teams regrettably.

No comparison? Except that we're better at 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12?

I agree that they've put out a really good team, especially the backs and bench, and that we haven't been playing well lately. But let's not pretend that our players are all rubbish.
Who's saying our players are all rubbish?

Often this season I've looked at our team sheet and thought; "we should win this or go very close" and more often than not that hasn't happened. In this instance the overall team looks considerably weaker than Bath's on paper to me, so you'll forgive me for not being overly optimistic!

On the specific numbers you raise;

1 - Obano was with England until his bad injury, he's very mobile. Not sure there is much to choose between him and Genge.
2 - Disagree - would have to put OTY below Dunn on this season's form.
3 - ok.
4. I don't know Douglas, so ok.
6. Disagree - very comparable.
8. Completely disagree, give me Mercer over Kalamafoni any day.
10. Ok
12. I don't know much about Max but he must be pretty average if he's been playing worse that Eastmond of late.
Soggypitch
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

So what team exactly were people expecting? Seems to be this is about the only 23 that could have been picked.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:33 pm Asking players if they wanna play (if true?) Behave!
If true being the key thing.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Douglas is a good player plenty of potential.
Ellis at 6 is a power house, would love him at Tigers.
Mercer 100% better 8 than Kalamfoni.
I would prefer Harrison over Chudley behind that Bath pack though.

We have a better
front row bench
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

Suz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:11 pm
Brutus wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am
johnthegriff wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 am My understanding is that the leaving players were asked as a group to say if they didn't want to play this week, so any leaving player selected is there because he wants to be and should be applauded for that. Many players are carrying injury and not available for selection others maybe could have played in a crucial game but why risk aggravating a niggle for no real purpose, so a non selected departing player has not necessarily declined to play. Good luck to them all, I wish them all the best for the future.
That is fair enough. I would hope that in order to have the most benefit for next season the team would be filled in the following order:
1. Matt Smith
2. Fit and able (free from any niggles) first-teamers who are staying
3. Youngsters
4. Departees

I wish the departees all the best but the future of the club is the most important thing and I think it is essential that playing combinations that may line up together next year are given every opportunity to get some competitive game time together.
Should the HC be asking players if they want to play? Regardless of whether they are leaving or not, they are currently a tigers player and Murphy should pick what he thinks is the best side.
My point is that this season is comprehensively a write off - no prospects. Regardless of the individual player's intentions if someone is not going to be around next season then why give them any more experience in a Tigers shirt? If Murphy is building something then now is the time to add to the foundations. Let the players who are going to be here next year get time on the pitch together - - the most successful teams are those that have stability in their squads
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

How many players that are here that are not picked over leavers?
Doesn't seem that many.
unless you play the U19/U18.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes of course RB
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer