Tigers vs Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Spicer »

It's largely what I expected honestly. I really wanted Reffell and Simmons to get a game though.

Looking at the teams I'd be surprised if we get anything out of the game.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Amazed that Simmons still does not get a game . Perhaps our esteemed Coaching Team think Harrison and White are playing well ??
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

There are several questionable picks in that 23. It's appears based on sentiment, rather than thinking, 'What helps us arrive at Round #1 of next season in better shape?'

I guess injuries limit the options but I'm not convinced that picking youngsters and losing (yet again) would have a hugely detrimental effect. I'd rather start next season with the likes of Reffel, Hardwick and Lewis having that bit more experience of Prem Rugby, considering we'll be more reliant on them.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Sentiment is what's driven us to the bottom of the pile.

I can understand it for those retiring but cannot for those who are moving on.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

To Spicer and Mike R perhaps the coaches felt that Simmons has not recovered sufficiently from his recent operation required after he played the full eighty minutes in the match away to Sale.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

mol2 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:24 pm Sentiment is what's driven us to the bottom of the pile.

I can understand it for those retiring but cannot for those who are moving on.
You either agree with sentiment or you don’t, surely?

You’re criticising it saying that’s why we are bottom of the pile but then you think it’s ok for retiring players?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 am There are several questionable picks in that 23. It's appears based on sentiment, rather than thinking, 'What helps us arrive at Round #1 of next season in better shape?'

I guess injuries limit the options but I'm not convinced that picking youngsters and losing (yet again) would have a hugely detrimental effect. I'd rather start next season with the likes of Reffel, Hardwick and Lewis having that bit more experience of Prem Rugby, considering we'll be more reliant on them.
Matt Smith, Clayton Blommetjies, Graham Kitchener, Mike Fitzgerald, Brendon O’Connor, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Valentino Mapapalangi & Leonardo Sarto are all leaving. Of those I think only Smith and Kitchener will fans really want to give a send off to.

8 out of the 23 is a high number of players are leaving, which is 35%. To be fair our centers are depleted and I don't know if Kerr is fit or being rested for the world cup.

I find the presence of all Mike Fitzgerald, Brendon O’Connor and Valentino Mapapalangi ahead of Reffel odd, unless he is injured.

With the locks I think we should be giving Wells and Spencer time playing together, and bringing on Kitchener late on as a tribute.

Sarto on the bench is weird as well. Surely it would be more beneficial for a Freddie Stewart/Gilliland/Browning to get game time as all of Veaniu, Holmes and May will probably be at the world cup come the start of next season.

johnthegriff wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm To Spicer and Mike R perhaps the coaches felt that Simmons has not recovered sufficiently from his recent operation required after he played the full eighty minutes in the match away to Sale.
Ah, I had forgotten about that. Fair enough
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Polota-Nau isn’t leaving...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:59 pm Polota-Nau isn’t leaving...
Whoops, my bad. I thought he was going to Aus, I forgot it was short term
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

First Bath try sweepstake,ill go for 6:37.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did I win the sweepstake?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Down 0-7. What can I add. Perhaps unlucky, perhaps not.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

We appeared to fall off tackles like Oliver Reed and the wagon...great repost though.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

See the defence is going well again :smt005
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Absolutely disgraceful refereeing. Bath forward pass not checked and try given. Then uses tmo on the least questionable tigers try and denies it.

The crowd are livid. At least the tigers are taking the anger out on bath - fronting up well.