Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by JP14 »

1989Tiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
There is never a meaningless game.
Tell that to the players!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I think he might rest some of the players who are going to the world cup.

Also aren't Thompson and Williams injured?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:11 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
There is never a meaningless game.
That's a lovely sentiment but I think playing for 10th place as underdogs in our own stadium might test it somewhat.
If we want to see 'Fortress Welford Road' again - Every Game Counts!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Spicer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm I think he might rest some of the players who are going to the world cup.

Both left the field with concussion injuries against Quins, no HIA assessment just straight replacement.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Spicer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm I think he might rest some of the players who are going to the world cup.

Both left the field with concussion injuries against Quins, no HIA assessment just straight replacement.
Depends how their return to play procedures went. We'll have to wait and see. Williams shouldn't be playing anyway.

For me the pack should be;

1. Genge
2. Kerr
3. Cole
4. Spencer
5. Wells
6. Thompson
7. Reffell
8. Kalamafoni

Doubt we'll see it though. Kitchener and Williams will start instead.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Eastmond, Thompson and Williams could all play.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Barff merit their season on how well they stuff Tigers.
Its the two days in the calendar that means so much to them. Its history. The whole club is pumped for this one.
To say its a non game is a disservice to both clubs. No matter what table positions - its honour.

For me Matt Ban' was the difference. If we go into this game half cocked then we will get a stuffing.
The mindset should be - next season starts at WR this weekend against the Old Enemy
Matt Smith as Captain please. :smt041
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

LE18 has kindly posted to correct my spelling mistake. I don't do that sort of thing anymore as spelling correctors and predictive texting occasionally embarrass us all. I have to smack my hand when people post "of" instead of "have". But if it makes you feel better??
A life long Tiger
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

wellstiger wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 am Barff merit their season on how well they stuff Tigers.
Its the two days in the calendar that means so much to them. Its history. The whole club is pumped for this one.
TBH that is their problem. I could be wrong but I expect most of our fans in interested in a broader success than beating Bath on Saturday.
wellstiger wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 amThe mindset should be - next season starts at WR this weekend against the Old Enemy
The reality is let's get this season over and done with... say our thanks and goodbye's to those moving on, have a holiday and then start to get our act together.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Smudge wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:42 pm LE18 has kindly posted to correct my spelling mistake. I don't do that sort of thing anymore as spelling correctors and predictive texting occasionally embarrass us all. I have to smack my hand when people post "of" instead of "have". But if it makes you feel better??
I'm sorry Smudge, i'm old and spellings like steak just amused me, no offence intended, I also have to confess annoyance at the use of of, instead of off or have, its the way they speak that sounds like that, but that just goes back to an old guy's up bringing. Sorry again. :smt052
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just a reminder that spelling and grammar is not a requirement to contribute on the forum. Please respect other users mistakes.
Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Let me be clear...this game is about whether I can walk around with my head held high (unlike most of this season) or if I have to hide my colours. So, it may not mean anything to the players (doubtful) but it means a hell of a lot to me and my pride.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 pm Let me be clear...this game is about whether I can walk around with my head held high (unlike most of this season) or if I have to hide my colours. So, it may not mean anything to the players (doubtful) but it means a hell of a lot to me and my pride.
You hide the colours?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smurf says he's going to play the leavers and the youngsters! Feel unhappy with not turning out the strongest possible side?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

1989Tiger wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 pm Let me be clear...this game is about whether I can walk around with my head held high (unlike most of this season) or if I have to hide my colours. So, it may not mean anything to the players (doubtful) but it means a hell of a lot to me and my pride.
You hide the colours?
Hell no...I was thinking more of the humiliation factor. Always wear them but not always with pride this season!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...