Tigers vs Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Brutus »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm How many players that are here that are not picked over leavers?
Doesn't seem that many.
unless you play the U19/U18.
I've only just seen the team, happy with that to be honest. I hope Hardwick gets a decent run-out along with Wells.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Bath have not been consistent this season so if they are complacent they could come unstuck. Possession will be key, more specifically keeping it away from their back 3. It will be a tough game but I am happy to back the lads to give it a go tomorrow. I think they will be demotivated as they read these posts today (which they may well do) and would prefer us to show some support (as the name supporter implies) rather than write them off before a ball has been kicked.
As Good As It Gets
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Probably my last match at WR for a while, so a bit disappointed, but I also think some scoffers on here have scoffed enough and it would be nice to think they might rein it in. Some hope. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

You can understand the “scoffers” but that doesn’t mean we won’t get behind the lads.

Will be there tomorrow but this weekend’s team sums up what is wrong with our club:
1) this squad has had plenty of rest weekends yet still we struggle to put a team out.
2) we play most games against teams where their fewer injuries have cleared
3) no real try scoring threats as again our backs has no one any team wouldn’t feel confident about defending against.
4) apart from Ford ( possibly May) our internationals have hardly played despite taking up a huge amount of the salary cap and next season they most likely won’t be available for even longer due to the World Cup!
5) not sure many coaches would have coped with the lack of depth to the squad.

Feel very sorry for Matt Smith. The “Old Enemy” in town with fans who love to rub it in more than any others about the times they’ve thrashed us!
Tomorrow will be a long afternoon unless Bath forget to turn up. That backline of theirs will expect tries galore.

Hope I’m wrong!!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Not sure why the fans are getting it in the neck for their pessimism.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

neilf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:06 pm Leicester Tigers (v Bath Rugby, Welford Road, Saturday 4.00pm)
15 George Worth
14 Sam Aspland-Robinson
13 Matt Smith
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Clayton Blommetjies
10 George Ford
9 Sam Harrison
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Will Spencer
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O’Connor
8 Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Facundo Gigena
18 Joe Heyes
19 Harry Wells
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Ben White
22 Tom Hardwick
23 Leonardo Sarto
Bath Rugby: 15 Anthony Watson, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Max Wright, 11 Ruaridh McConnochie, 10 Freddie Burns, 9 Will Chudley; 1 Beno Obano, 2 Tom Dunn, 3 Max Lahiff, 4 Levi Douglas, 5 Charlie Ewels (c), 6 Tom Ellis, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Zach Mercer.
Replacements: 16 Ross Batty, 17 Jacques van Rooyen, 18 Sam Nixon, 19 Elliott Stooke, 20 Francios Louw, 21 Kahn Fotuali’I, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Semesa Rokoduguni.
Is May injured?
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I believe this is an opportunity missed, and is an ideal game for selecting the youngsters, but G.M. has deemed it otherwise, and we have to respect his decision. Maybe some of the "cart horses" will rise to the occasion. Hope springs eternal.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scuttle wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm
neilf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:06 pm Leicester Tigers (v Bath Rugby, Welford Road, Saturday 4.00pm)
15 George Worth
14 Sam Aspland-Robinson
13 Matt Smith
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Clayton Blommetjies
10 George Ford
9 Sam Harrison
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Will Spencer
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O’Connor
8 Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Facundo Gigena
18 Joe Heyes
19 Harry Wells
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Ben White
22 Tom Hardwick
23 Leonardo Sarto
Bath Rugby: 15 Anthony Watson, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Max Wright, 11 Ruaridh McConnochie, 10 Freddie Burns, 9 Will Chudley; 1 Beno Obano, 2 Tom Dunn, 3 Max Lahiff, 4 Levi Douglas, 5 Charlie Ewels (c), 6 Tom Ellis, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Zach Mercer.
Replacements: 16 Ross Batty, 17 Jacques van Rooyen, 18 Sam Nixon, 19 Elliott Stooke, 20 Francios Louw, 21 Kahn Fotuali’I, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Semesa Rokoduguni.
Is May injured?
Yes
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Dangerous4 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 pm I believe this is an opportunity missed, and is an ideal game for selecting the youngsters, but G.M. has deemed it otherwise, and we have to respect his decision. Maybe some of the "cart horses" will rise to the occasion. Hope springs eternal.
To be fair, before our next "competitive" fixture, he'll have several weeks of development opportunities without throwing kids into a proverbial Lions' Den.

On balance, I think they've called this right. I'd have liked to have seen some newer faces in the team, but I can see why the squad has been picked.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'll be happy if we can keep them below 30!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Noggs wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:17 pm I can't believe that any contracted player would decline to play or even be asked the question.
Yep another embarrassingly comical day in the life of Tigers.
I shall be hiding behind my pint (several) in the pub watching the other game (Chiefs/Saints) on BT Sport. I hope Oz does not have too interrupt too many times to announce "another Bath try at WR"?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Dangerous4 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 pm I believe this is an opportunity missed, and is an ideal game for selecting the youngsters, but G.M. has deemed it otherwise, and we have to respect his decision. Maybe some of the "cart horses" will rise to the occasion. Hope springs eternal.
I'd sooner not see our future demoralised by getting stuffed this Saturday.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think people are being overly-negative, this is a Bath team that has managed only 2 away wins like us and have only succeeded in winning a few games because they’re effective at bringing down the opposition to their level of :censored and also they have a “give it to Big Joe” call. The weight of our shoulders and chance to go out on a high should, emphasis on should, mean that we can put in a good performance.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Obano is good but offers nothing in the loose compared to Genge.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Maybe Geordan has shown good psychology, if you have ever been made redundant and made to work your notice, how motivated were you, you may done your job but did you push yourself to do that little bit extra? The players that are leaving and chosen to make themselves available will be giving if their best on the pitch. I think that like Newcastle away we will be ahead in the forwards and at halfback, we require a lot of effort from 12 to 15 to get a victory, the team will need all the support we can give.