London Irish: an immorality tale?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish: an immorality tale?

Post by ourla »

Just to note a poster was on here yesterday evening casting similar aspersions as Smudge and I challenged them on it. There and mine posts were pulled, presumably because the moderators don't wanted to save said poster from making anonymous allegations on a official and public forum against Tigers players.

And genuinely if you have information about behaviour similar to Jacksons you should be going to the Police, not making claims about it while on here. Whilst Jackson may not have been convicted that doesn't mean the case shouldn't have been brought.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please remember that this is a rugby forum for rugby discussion. If anyone has any issues with club personnel I would suggest that these are taken up with the Club rather than making allegations on an open forum. If founded, they need to be dealt with through the right channels.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

I think Ourla’s point is just that. There is no basis for this. Just old blokes who want to make allegations that bad behaviour is widespread (false) to justify their own outdated views and prejudices.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

maire88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:11 pm Anyone who is on the unoffy may have seen my post on there but I’m not going to repeat what I said. Anyone who is that interested my username is similar on there and that pretty much sets out my point of view.
However a poster on the unoffy made a very good point. This was in Northern Ireland where women’s rights aren’t terribly high on the agenda so the poor girl was probably already at a disadvantage.
As a woman myself I have already said to my fiancé that there’s not a hope in hell am I attending the London Irish game when they play at WR next season regardless of whether Jackson is playing or not. I also object to the view that ‘girls throw themselves at rugby players’ some do yes but others do not and they get unwanted attention forced on them anyway - although wait they must have asked for it mustn’t they because they happened to be in the vicinity at the time.
Well here’s a shocking fact.
Not all women are floozies who see a rich, successful young man and throw themselves at their feet!!
There really shouldn’t be the ‘dont you know who I am’ mentality. Too many cases don’t get to court because the justice system is set up against them. I read of a case of a rapist in my home town whose victim was told ‘did you not enjoy it, oh you must be a lesbian, you’re a single mother so you were obviously asking for it’
Rugby these days is a game for everyone, not just blokes who want to get drunk and rowdy. As someone else correctly pointed out, ladies teams and mini and junior teams are a big part of clubs (although some of the ladies teams can be very raucous as I observed when I was at uni but they didn’t go around harassing men- I went on a few socials and the team kept themselves to themselves) it’s time some of these players started behaving like the role models they’re supposed to be.
Marie88 - thank you for this post, you have put everything I wanted to say in a much better way than I ever could
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^^ totally agree.
Valhalla I am coming!