LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 7

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 7

Post by Scott1 »

I'd take him too,not a problem with what he's done but don't want to drag this up again!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I don’t think Tigers would sign him, which I doubt they would, but if they do I would no longer support the club and cancel my season ticket. I just don’t want someone who condemns the LGBT+ community to hell under false religious grounds playing in a Tigers jersey.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I'd be the last person (I'm a bisexual man who has had the privilege of talking in schools about the effects of bullying on the LGBT community) to argue that debates of this type don't need to be had. I'd also be last rugby lover to argue that it's not a discussion that needs having in rugby.

On behalf of the mods I would suggest starting a dedicated thread to have the above debate though as it makes moderating it much easier. Mods often feel like they're fighting a wild fire with a water pistol during debates such as these, having it in one place so they don't have to read over every message of multiple threads makes their lives far easier.

It also allows threads such as these to stick to their broader topic rather than becoming a de facto thread for a specific debate that admittedly can relate to 'possible' signings as Folau is now a free agent.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:25 pm I don’t think Tigers would sign him, which I doubt they would, but if they do I would no longer support the club and cancel my season ticket. I just don’t want someone who condemns the LGBT+ community to hell under false religious grounds playing in a Tigers jersey.
I suspect there may be a few who share his views that have and still do play for Tigers, but lets not get into another Izzy debate its been done to death by now
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Religion and politics can be very devisive topics and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is a rugby forum and so it should stick on a sporting theme.
The Folau debate has been done previously and has been discussed...

Sport should unite rather than divide.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk