LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 7

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 7

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

POSTIGER wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:48 pm Interesting.....https://twitter.com/base8innovation/sta ... 78496?s=19
I would imagine player sponsorships are sold by the season
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Yeah - And the rumours are he's off to France at the end of the calendar year when his kids are a bit older...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

speedski wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm Yeah - And the rumours are he's off to France at the end of the calendar year when his kids are a bit older...
I thought the rumours were Sam Harrison to Australia in the new year? Not heard France mentioned, where's the rumour come from?
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Harrison is off to Australia - but may be delayed till after Christmas
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 pm Would be very surpised if Blommetjies stays.

He wants to but we currently don't have the cash.
Which is worth reminding people that he was on loan til the end of the season, which implies he’s very much still Scarlets’ player next season. Otherwise he’d have been released to us.

As it stands though, unless Scarlets release him, we’d have to buy him out of his contract (£££). I don’t think he’s enough of a game changer for that to happen.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Stories coming out of Wales are they haven’t been impressed with him. So maybe there is potential they could release him.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Doubt if we would sign him as he would be behind Veanu and Holmes and I was also quite impressed with Worth at the week-end
A2O
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ay2oh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:59 pm Doubt if we would sign him as he would be behind Veanu and Holmes and I was also quite impressed with Worth at the week-end
Agreed, we have plenty of depth at 15. Worth has looked really good this season both under the high ball and attacking the line. Hopefully we’ll see more of him next year.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes but bluecheese is a winger too and I'd prefer him over Olowefella then we could develop SAR at 13.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 pm
speedski wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm Yeah - And the rumours are he's off to France at the end of the calendar year when his kids are a bit older...
I thought the rumours were Sam Harrison to Australia in the new year? Not heard France mentioned, where's the rumour come from?
Bundy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm Harrison is off to Australia - but may be delayed till after Christmas
From a event locally to where he's based. May of course switched to Oz since I heard it, but either way he's not staying and therefore I would be bleeding in the backfills from season start (I also felt he was incredibly slow at the Bath game and gave nothing to the backline speed as a result).
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I like Sam and cannot fault his commitment but I think one of the areas that we need to improve is the slow service from the base of rucks. If we get a better clear-out and better service from the scrum half we will create a lot more space for the backs.
A2O
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

ay2oh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:54 pm I like Sam and cannot fault his commitment but I think one of the areas that we need to improve is the slow service from the base of rucks. If we get a better clear-out and better service from the scrum half we will create a lot more space for the backs.
Dare I say it, but the back line SHOULD be stronger next season, and better scrum half service would make a huge difference imo.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 am Stories coming out of Wales are they haven’t been impressed with him. So maybe there is potential they could release him.
Unimpressed with him or not, if Blommjites is under a contract, I doubt very much if he would be released if there's potential for money to be made in buying out a contract.

I accept we haven't seen too much of him, but I've been quite impressed so far. He's got a good touch of the slippery eel about him, and he's a very good communicator with the other 3/4s, which I think is a very good trait if we have some younger lads coming through the ranks. And it sounds as if he actually wants to play for Tigers, more than some International guns-for-hire types.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Depends, if Scarlets think they have to continue to pay him without wanting to play him, they may come to some agreement to release him early, in order to free up salary cap on someone else. Isn’t that what we’ve done with O’Connor, or was he actually out of contract?
I actually think he has a touch of the Alex Goode’s about him, in terms of being a cultured playmaker coming into the line from deep, but with more gas.
I’d like to see him join, with Veianu able to slot in at Wing equally as comfortable as Full Back, and Worth a decent option as an alternative distributor at centre too if required, we’d have plenty of flexibility.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Arguably, twinkle toes ball returning aside, Veainu played some of his best rugby at 14 in his first season.

Personally, from what we’ve seen, CB could be a useful addition to our back three options.