Now that Falcons are down............

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Now that Falcons are down............

Post by Smudge »

Like many I am sad to see Deano and his team go down but their misfortune will cause most Premiership Clubs to look strongly at their players. Yes this may be construed as indecent haste but you can be sure others will be in there like a shot. As well as Callum Green coming home I would love to see him joined by Sinoti Sinoti and Mark Wilson. Both are outstanding players and would be great additions to our ranks. I can only urge the BOD to move fast or we will miss out. He who hesitates etc etc..
A life long Tiger
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by BigDan50 »

Do you think the players mentioned would want to join us, they have been in a relegation battle all season and I doubt they would want to be in another one with us.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Mark Wilson is reported to be going to Sale on a 1 year loan contract.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ation.html
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

drc_007 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 am Mark Wilson is reported to be going to Sale on a 1 year loan contract.

Which in theory will be 5 or 6 months as he won't he available until December/January due to the World Cup.

Is there any point in signing him for just half a season?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

1989Tiger wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 am
drc_007 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 am Mark Wilson is reported to be going to Sale on a 1 year loan contract.

Which in theory will be 5 or 6 months as he won't he available until December/January due to the World Cup.

Is there any point in signing him for just half a season?
He’s Mark Wilson... yes!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If i could get one player from Falcons for next season it'd be Johnny Williams
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am If i could get one player from Falcons for next season it'd be Johnny Williams
That said I'm pretty sure he's already signed up to go back to LI
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Even the Falcons performance in their last game was significantly more entertaining and creative than anything Tigers have put together recently. Hope they return to the Premier ASAP.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So if the roles were reversed, Who would be picking over our lads.? Who would be staying to right the ship?

Might the majority of Falcons wish to stay and bounce back for 20/21? Some old legs there! :smt022
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

DingDong wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:41 am Even the Falcons performance in their last game was significantly more entertaining and creative than anything Tigers have put together recently. Hope they return to the Premier ASAP.
Yet it didn't get them the victory and their more entertaining and creative rugby has seen them get relegated.

What is entertaining rugby anyway and doesn't everyone find different things entertaining?

To me, a 3-0 win would be more entertaining than a 52-50 loss.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

wellstiger wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:53 am So if the roles were reversed, Who would be picking over our lads.? Who would be staying to right the ship?

Might the majority of Falcons wish to stay and bounce back for 20/21? Some old legs there! :smt022
Well if I was in charge, I'd be telling every single player that they were the ones that got us relegated so they need to be the ones that get us promoted. Apart from Ford who apparently is the only player with a relegation clause. Although I'd be doing everything I could to keep him by making him realise he will only he playing half a season in the Championship as the first half will be spent with England at the World Cup.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Deano reckons 12 - 14 changes will be made? MW still not decided on where he will play and the RP is rumouring that the Tigers are chasing Hammersley?

Depending on what changes at made at DoR level I may well go to Bedford on a regular basis next season and hang up my Tigers supporters boot after 40+ years?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I wouldn't blame you Tigercam,it gets harder year by year! I'm just really scared that the BoD will treat it as a one off and brush this season under the carpet! We will see over the summer
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

TigerCam wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 pm Deano reckons 12 - 14 changes will be made? MW still not decided on where he will play and the RP is rumouring that the Tigers are chasing Hammersley?

Depending on what changes at made at DoR level I may well go to Bedford on a regular basis next season and hang up my Tigers supporters boot after 40+ years?
Why?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why not?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer