Now that Falcons are down............

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7040
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by RagingBull » Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Pretty sure Hammersley isn't coming to us and has signed elsewhere.
Think Austin Healey and other people in the media are saying Sale.

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm
Pretty sure Hammersley isn't coming to us and has signed elsewhere.
Think Austin Healey and other people in the media are saying Sale.
Does he really offer anything over Worth? In my mind he doesn’t.

1989Tiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by 1989Tiger » Sun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm
Pretty sure Hammersley isn't coming to us and has signed elsewhere.
Think Austin Healey and other people in the media are saying Sale.
Does he really offer anything over Worth? In my mind he doesn’t.
Yes. He offers more of a threat by finding gaps better than Worth.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by Dangerous4 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:50 pm

I would certainly be chasing Wilson, despite the WC, and get him signed up on a 4 year contract if possible. I can't envisage the POD doing this though.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by Scott1 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Newcastle are the only prepared to loan him out for a year D4.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by CitizenSmiff » Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Takulua would be a godsend as a high impact sub and safe pair of hands during international breaks. We've not had a lot of luck acquiring players from other prem teams the last few seasons though, always seem to end up on the proverbial hind teat. I'd have Rodney Ah You just because him and Genge would make a great comedy double act.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by JP14 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:52 pm

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 pm
Takulua would be a godsend as a high impact sub and safe pair of hands during international breaks. We've not had a lot of luck acquiring players from other prem teams the last few seasons though, always seem to end up on the proverbial hind teat. I'd have Rodney Ah You just because him and Genge would make a great comedy double act.
He’s spent the best part of 18 months on the injury table, no thanks. But yes I’d love Takulua, absolutely.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by TigerS2 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Smudge wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 am
Like many I am sad to see Deano and his team go down but their misfortune will cause most Premiership Clubs to look strongly at their players. Yes this may be construed as indecent haste but you can be sure others will be in there like a shot. As well as Callum Green coming home I would love to see him joined by Sinoti Sinoti and Mark Wilson. Both are outstanding players and would be great additions to our ranks. I can only urge the BOD to move fast or we will miss out. He who hesitates etc etc..
Who would want to join a club that is not in the Heineken Cup? Tigers are the second worse team in the league at the moment.

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Location: Gosport

Re: Now that Falcons are down............

Post by Smudge » Sun May 05, 2019 6:25 pm

They would not be joining Tigers now. They would be joining when the new players are here and the ten or so players we are missing through injury have recovered.
A life long Tiger

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dai, castrofan, Mark62 and 2 guests