New coaching structure?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by Scott1 »

I think it's a bit disrespectful to think that SE would just be going to France for the"payday"! Have you watched France lately? It's a huge job and one that I am a million percent sure he would be taking on as a challenge long before worrying about the €!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 pm I think it's a bit disrespectful to think that SE would just be going to France for the"payday"! Have you watched France lately? It's a huge job and one that I am a million percent sure he would be taking on as a challenge long before worrying about the €!
France are a bit of a sleeping giant. They now have some promising young players coming through so you can’t blame any coach from taking them on. Massive potential and probably good money too.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 pm I think it's a bit disrespectful to think that SE would just be going to France for the"payday"! Have you watched France lately? It's a huge job and one that I am a million percent sure he would be taking on as a challenge long before worrying about the €!
You could say it's a bit disrespectful to ask "Why would Edwards consider us". Maybe because we are still one of, if not, the biggest club in England.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Are we? We certainly don't act like one!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:06 pm Are we? We certainly don't act like one!
Yes. We are.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Or course we are,second most supported club in Europe below Bordeaux I believe. It was more a rhetorical one,but we certainly don't act like one,it's amateur hour at times!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 pm Or course we are,second most supported club in Europe below Bordeaux I believe. It was more a rhetorical one,but we certainly don't act like one,it's amateur hour at times!
ASM? Peut etre!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

jgriffin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:40 pm Grauniad linking us to Cheika. (no link am at work).
Not much of a link to be honest. It's mostly just the journo giving his opinion. That opinion being that Chieka would be a good fit for Tigers and vice versa. There's nothing in there to suggest it might actually happen.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Saw Ben Kay on BT sport talked about ‘Geordie’s vision’ and a ‘Head coach that...’ sounds to me like they won’t be the same person next season. Though may be reading between the lines too much.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Well we certainly need one , as our present one simply is not working...
Apologies to a Tigers legend on the pitch but Geordan M has to be either replaced, removed or at least moved sideways ;
part of the problem ,certainly not the solution - the Premiership table tells no lies, we are absolutely woeful.
Nostalgia and sentimentality simply don't cut it in the professional game.
Still personally unsure about Mark Bakewell , seems highly regarded but what improvement have we actually seen long term ?

Could we possibly look to Georgia post World Cup ? Could do a hell of a lot worse than Milton Haig and Graham Rowntree - an ex Tiger ,I know, but if good enough for the British Lions then good enough for us.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Think GM will be the DoR with a top class head coach overseeing training and reporting to GM who on his recommendation will pick the side. More of a Deano role????
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unless I've missed something, there is a lot of speculation presented as fast on this forum.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

NONAME is adamant someone is coming in post RWC so I'll hold him to it :smt002
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:38 pm NONAME is adamant someone is coming in post RWC so I'll hold him to it :smt002
That we shall!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni