New coaching structure?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by DingDong »

DingDong wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:32 pm FrontRowUnionMember, maybe just the two roles need fulfilling as it could give Blake a better structure to organise his defence if the forwards were coached a lot better. So i'd just replace Bakewell with either Borthwick or Booth, but i'd prefer Borthwick as it wasn't that long ago he was leading by example on the pitch, as a solid leader/organiser, and now progressed even more as a proven top level coach.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Borthwick would be a good choice imo, but I really don't like the idea of Blake being with us next season.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Possible.
In Blake’s previous stint, he worked well and made the defence pretty robust, so there’s something there. Maybe joining midway hasn’t allowed him the room to make changes?
Bakewell has had 18 months no, with no visible sign of improvement.

Booth had London Irish functioning very well as packs go. And originally under Ford, Bath were quite a tidy unit.

Borthwick has built an impressive reputation around technical skills and analysis. With unfancied Japan, he made them pretty efficient. Now with England he has the forwards pretty well drilled, albeit you’d question the gameplan at times. Be interesting to see what he can do with day to day coaching. Also as a player very familiar with the Sarries work ethic that their game plan is based on.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Borthwick a better option than Booth who is so pro Barff and so Anti Tigers.
Suppose the piper pays the tune.
So what we are intimating is Ford, Borthwick and Booth running the coaching under or instead of Murphs.

I don't want us to be a Barff bolt on. Not now not ever.

Whats next - a syndicate with Gold :smt013 :smt013
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am Borthwick a better option than Booth who is so pro Barff and so Anti Tigers.
So what we are intimating is Ford, Borthwick and Booth running the coaching under or instead of Murphs.

If Booth is so anti-Tigers why would he consider taking the job?

Likewise why did Saints entertain bringing in first West and then Vesty?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

wellstiger wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am Borthwick a better option than Booth who is so pro Barff and so Anti Tigers.

I’d say, if these two are in the mix, it’s more likely Borthwick or Booth, not both.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

When Booth was head coach for London Irish, they played good rugby. Plus outside scrum time Bath’s forwards have always been a good outfit. He would also be available for pre-season which ideally you would want from your coaching team.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

trendylfj wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:50 am We have at least one coach signed sealed but not yet confirmed - the club are moving in the right direction in my opinion. No, weill not name him as I gave him my word I would not do so when I spoke to him.
Without committing to who it is, is it someone already discussed, and are you at least pleased by the appointment?
Are we looking at one new appointment only?
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Stil, I prefer Borthwick over Booth.
Don't think Booth will be a good fit. I do not doubt his credentials.If he is considering Tigers ( speculation rife ) it will be for his own CV
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am Stil, I prefer Borthwick over Booth.
Don't think Booth will be a good fit. I do not doubt his credentials.If he is considering Tigers ( speculation rife ) it will be for his own CV

+1