New coaching structure?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by Scott1 »

Might be worth paying him off,I want more from a coach than 6AM boxing and asking players how much they want it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:05 pm Murphy on his own future, and what role he may have: "Head coach is my title at the moment, and I haven’t discussed that with the CEO. I don’t really care what you call me, as long as I’m doing the right thing for the club. Whatever it takes – I’ll get it done.
That's a view shared by his boss - they're more interested in roles and responsibilities than job titles.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Benny Kayser has announced his retirement from playing.
Highly intelligent man both on and off the field, and played under some top coaches.

Would love to see him back at Tigers but too early in the next stage of his career
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm Bakewell has another year I believe.
It worries me that, to try and lose the tag of a sacking club, we will be stuck with his inadequate forward coaching for another year.

Undercommit at rucks, forwards slow to secure ball, mauling is awful, lineout is woeful. The only positive for our pack at present is either individual magic or the scrum.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm Benny Kayser has announced his retirement from playing.
Highly intelligent man both on and off the field, and played under some top coaches.

Would love to see him back at Tigers but too early in the next stage of his career
Very sad when he decided to go back to Paris, loved the guy and he speaks English so well!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm Bakewell has another year I believe.
If so, pay him off and get rid!
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Listening to the interview on the podcast Geordie thinks he has s good coaching team and it is more to do with learning and pre season

He doesn’t suggest getting new people in bar Mike Ford

However..

I think Les Cusworth summarised it well what’s the plan !! From the top down.

He loves Geordie but feels he’s been thrown into the fire

He wants a world class DOR

Thinks Matt shouldn’t be Academy coach and if they think he could be they should get him a mentor and someone to follow for a few years then give him the job (invest for success)

He talks a lot of sense, why do people seem to think that you can be a world class coach and leader at the highest level without any experience

We need significant change; Geordie and Matt are as much Tigers as any supporter so I know we will get the passion, commitment and love coming through from them BUT we also need a 5 year plan with tacticians who can deliver success
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I hope the BoD go over Geordies head because if we stick with this coaching team we are screwed!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Geordie did say to expect a lot of coaching changes though, I think he’s just defending his colleagues.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 pm I hope the BoD go over Geordies head because if we stick with this coaching team we are screwed!
.....but the BoD ARE the problem!!!!!!

The have taken up a suck it and see strategy, eventually they will get it right. It might take 10 years but the law of averages bears that out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just read we are 14 trys DOWN on last season while Chiefs,Gloc,Quins all scored their most in a season ever.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sounds like Rowntree to Munster is a done deal.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 pm Just read we are 14 trys DOWN on last season while Chiefs,Gloc,Quins all scored their most in a season ever.
Playing against us probably boosted most sides' try tally!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 pm Just read we are 14 trys DOWN on last season while Chiefs,Gloc,Quins all scored their most in a season ever.
and yet despite that we had the same amount of TBP wins! (5 for anyone asking).
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 am sounds like Rowntree to Munster is a done deal.
Of course, heaven forbid we actually make a decisive move and get him. How many good coaches have we missed out on, Gustard, Vesty?