New coaching structure?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by baz1664 »

Murphy needs a few seasons in the championship to build his CV, the Tigers job was far to big and to early for him, him as DOR would be ridiculous!!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

NONAME wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:51 pm Think GM will be the DoR with a top class head coach overseeing training and reporting to GM who on his recommendation will pick the side. More of a Deano role????
..would a top class head coach be happy reporting to Geordan M ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:28 pm
NONAME wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:51 pm Think GM will be the DoR with a top class head coach overseeing training and reporting to GM who on his recommendation will pick the side. More of a Deano role????
If they take the job then yes. If not, they won't take the job.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Nice to see you back ellis , but I'm sure (would hope) the inference is not lost on you ;
or to spell it out , a master reporting to an apprentice ? It may happen but that particular scenario could very well compromise who comes on board (should the speculation be correct).
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Nice to see you back ellis , but I'm sure (would hope) the inference is not lost on you ;
or to spell it out , a master reporting to an apprentice ? It may happen but that particular scenario could very well compromise who comes on board (should the speculation be correct).
Ellis?
Nice to see me back?

I've only been on here for about a week.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Ellis?
Nice to see me back?

I've only been on here for about a week.
..whatever; no problems or issues take care ..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.the42.ie/wales-attack-howle ... 3-May2019/

Let's hope he isn't interviewed here!!!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Well, apparently Hooper is going to be DoR at Bath, so presumably they'll have someone happy to report to him. Personally I've never had a problem reporting to management of any age, if they are there to do the job they have my support. Would expect plenty of potential HC candidates to have the same attitude!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Murphy to DoR, I don't get it. Much as I like him as a player, I would say he was a failure as a skills coach- so promote him to Head Coach? He's been statistically a failure as Head Coach, so promote him to DoR???. When he fails there, where next? Chairman? It makes no sense
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

northerntiger wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 am Murphy to DoR, I don't get it. Much as I like him as a player, I would say he was a failure as a skills coach- so promote him to Head Coach? He's been statistically a failure as Head Coach, so promote him to DoR???. When he fails there, where next? Chairman? It makes no sense
.... We are committed now, with the new signings and GM looking to put things in place implementing a new direction.
The likelihood is that next season will be transition..... providing it all woks out we need to be looking at top 6. Should it all fail we will once again have to start again under a new coach with a new direction.
I don't think we can afford to wait and needed to offload GM and get someone in place now.... who could genuinely take us forward.
GM is the Jeremy Corbyn of rugby, loved by the grassroots, put in power by a misguided group (for Momentum read Bod) no chance of winning but caught in the headlights and unable to get out of the way.
I do suspect the board will see the ideal answer to the problem will be GM as DoR and MF as head coach. The ability for GM to work with MF in that structure will come from the friendship garnered recently.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

For credibility’s sake, Leicester Tigers cannot be seen to lose/sack yet another DOR/HC. The present HC announcing a coaching restructure in fact allows the Club to do some revolutionary rather than evolutionary changes. Murphy will then be judged at the end of next season.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

A colleague has just suggested that he’s heard a rumour about Michael Cheika coming to Tigers. Have I missed something?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

WirralExile wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:59 am A colleague has just suggested that he’s heard a rumour about Michael Cheika coming to Tigers. Have I missed something?
That is a rumour that's going around yes.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:07 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:04 pm
Ellis?
Nice to see me back?

I have to say your posts are very reminiscent of a certain gentleman called Ellis. God help us.

[/quote

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Munster have confirmed that forwards coach Jerry Flannery and backline and attack coach Felix Jones will depart at the end of the season, Flannery would be a great pickup in my eyes.