Quins vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

1989Tiger

Re: Quins vs Tigers

Post by 1989Tiger »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:53 pm Sorry but why do Newcastle Falcons need 10 points? 9 would do if we lost both games. As I’m off to Quins I want Tigers to really turn up and put any relegation fears to bed. This team has the talent but recently, apart from Newcastle away and Wasps at home, has not played as a team. If, as I hope the players do, they really care about the club, they will surely want to get two wins from the last two games.
Genge and Cole have to really step up because Mahler and Sinckler will be out to wind both up.
If they need to listen to anyone, replay the Les Cusworth interview on Radio Leicester.
Come on Tigers show all the critics that lessons have at last been learned.
Of course! If they get 9 and we get nothing, they would go above us on games won.

That won't happen though. We will be ok.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I still look at the table and wonder where it all went wrong. How has it got to this where we’re expecting to get hammered ?! By Quins for pity’s sake ! Honestly it’s desperate times, it really really is.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:04 pm We have to go for the win and pick up anything we can and not have to rely on other results....put out the best available team and not send just the youngsters.
Gloucester will want to get back to winning ways and finish on a high in their final home game of the season....nerves cant take much more....lets sort it on our own terms.
So would you put out Eastmond and Owens?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 am
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm Having watched both teams play this weekend I'd say we might as well put the kids out. If Marler and Sinkler get their hooks into our scrum it could be a cricket score.
Genge will do a mental and physical number on Sinkler, Sinkler will get binned. DC will sort out Marler no probs! So it will be up to the back five forwards to do their bit, which for me is where the Tigers game falls down?
Whats the betting as to which one of them, Genge, Sinckler, playing the fool will be first to get carded?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 pm I still look at the table and wonder where it all went wrong. How has it got to this where we’re expecting to get hammered ?! By Quins for pity’s sake ! Honestly it’s desperate times, it really really is.
They've got a squad full of internationals, a great coach and a couple of firecracker try scorers, lets not be putting other teams' achievements down just because ours can't pass a ball from one side of the field to the other without coughing it up.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Plus Quins are on a poor run and which team would you want to play while on one to turn things around? Yep you guessed it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Quins at home - no fear factor in a Tiger team.
Lam boasting a five plointer pre match because "That's where we are"

Quinns will fancy a good running game , moving us about. I see a5 pointer for Quins - I would love to be proved wrong.

The only thing I am confident in is lack of confidence in Tigers . :smt013 :smt013
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 pm Plus Quins are on a poor run and which team would you want to play while on one to turn things around? Yep you guessed it!
For Quins, probably Saracens. They generally do well against them.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am Quins at home - no fear factor in a Tiger team.
Lam boasting a five plointer pre match because "That's where we are"

Quinns will fancy a good running game , moving us about. I see a5 pointer for Quins - I would love to be proved wrong.

The only thing I am confident in is lack of confidence in Tigers . :smt013 :smt013
I've got a feeling we are going to sneak a win.

I think we'll get 4 points against Quins and will then get a 5 point win at home against Bath to finish the season.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I'll have whatever your drinking.
Hope your right though :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Manu out for the season
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:26 pm Manu out for the season
No surprise, at least he will be fit for the world cup together with Ben Youngs and Jonah Holmes.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have the awful feeling we may be out of luck; Glaws field a weakened team (currently they are said to be resting players) and we end up equal on points with Falcons - we get relegated.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If we do jg we do,it's our own fault. It's always been in our own hands so tough! It is what it is
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Wayne Barnes is Sir...again!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives