Quins vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins vs Tigers

Post by sapajo »

NONAME wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm Can't tell you but its the worse kept secret in Rugby.

More interested in the players coming in. Supposed to be several World Class players but our signings of previous World Class players hasn't really set the club on fire in fact most have proved damp quids! (There are exceptions)
NOCLUE
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

:smt005 yes he lost me at several world class players
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I left the ground last night heaving a huge sigh of relief at a lbp, Although we put a little more effort into the game, the "black hole" still stands out like a sore thumb.

We are so far behind the times with our game plans ( if they even exist ), that we are perpetually struggling to know what to do with the ball, when we have it, a problem that cannot be addressed overnight. For this reason I would retain Mike Ford, until such time as we can reshuffle the coaches following the WC. That of course depends on the BOD wishing to implement such changes. :smt017 :smt017
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Big Dai wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:39 pm Sorry..this is brainless tripe.

I've packed all my shirts into s parcel and am sending them back to the club.

If they've got no pride in the colours why in the name of all that's holy should I.
This was a sad day for you Big Dai, so we are not relegated ~ is it time for a small sip of Remy and pints of stout for Posh Richard?
However I do wonder if these shirts that you are sending back are the same that you tried to off load in February 2018 but now have more tears, small Remy spots and Posh Richard's beer slops over?

"Got some old Tigers shirts.......Amongst others! Youth through small men's to medium men's. Yes, the oiks have got to big for them. Any suggestions as to charity shops etc in the Hinckley / Barwell / Earl Shilton area where I could drop them off? They'd be better there than here!" Quote. Feb. 2018.
Thanks for your postings this season Big Dai. :smt045
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Traveller wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am
tigerssteve wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 am
Traveller wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:24 am
No - I agree. That's my point. We have been so utterly dire, if Aunty Dot who pours the tea at half time and her best friend Polly are available to do some coaching they are bound to be better. My only concern is what will happen in pre-season. I can see the current panel giving out bacon butties for breakfast and burgers and chips for lunch on a daily basis, to ensure we are bigger next year than we were this. Meanwhile if we never ever see a few of the players again, it will be too soon. Quins had 36 points last year.

I agree with a lot of what you say........but. Back 5 weakest in premiership? Given the luxury of first choices, it's surely one of the best? Unless of course you mean D-H, in which case barring perhaps one, you're right. Even then first choices have been limited. The main thrust though is 100%. We all love GM as a player and a bloke, but he was set up to fall. When a huge department store needs a new chief, they don't appoint the bloke who sold the most shirts the year before! He's nurtured for the future, not chucked to the Lions ( or tigers)
I mean 4-8 not 11-15.

D -H. I agree.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I blame Eddie Jones!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

wormus wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:53 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:39 pm Sorry..this is brainless tripe.

I've packed all my shirts into s parcel and am sending them back to the club.

If they've got no pride in the colours why in the name of all that's holy should I.
This was a sad day for you Big Dai, so we are not relegated ~ is it time for a small sip of Remy and pints of stout for Posh Richard?
However I do wonder if these shirts that you are sending back are the same that you tried to off load in February 2018 but now have more tears, small Remy spots and Posh Richard's beer slops over?

"Got some old Tigers shirts.......Amongst others! Youth through small men's to medium men's. Yes, the oiks have got to big for them. Any suggestions as to charity shops etc in the Hinckley / Barwell / Earl Shilton area where I could drop them off? They'd be better there than here!" Quote. Feb. 2018.
Thanks for your postings this season Big Dai. :smt045
Nope. Those were the kids' cast offs. Not the frail and threadbare articles I wear from time to time. A medium-sized shirt would be no good for me. We did keep one. The "proper" NEXT shirt that no 1 son had when he was four. 20 years ago.

I get so annoyed at our plight, as is evidenced by my postings, and I feel that some of the "imports" needed reminding of the club, it's heritage, the values and that Tiger "Dog".

Pompous? Maybe but the team should be bigger than the sum of its parts. We have not achieved that poor total, never mind exceeded it.

I hope the club will raise a core of its own youth going forward. A body of men drenched in Tigers ethic. A core that when supplimented by a sprinkling of international class can once again stuff the Saracens.

Richard was well on his way today. It's very amusing to hear an ex-second row rant in a posh voice! We escaped.....but I'll celebrate with a beer......Maybe a Remy after the Bath game? Hopefully.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"