Les Cusworth post match interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Les Cusworth post match interview

Post by Smudge »

Les was a great player but he hasn't done much as a coach. I have memories of a chat with him at Twickenham when he was involved with England. I asked him how likely it was for the Tigers front row (aka ABC club) all playing for England. "No chance" said he, "It will never happen". How wrong could he be?
A life long Tiger
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm
MikeR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 pm Didn't Cusworth introduce Loffreda to us ?
He did & we will never know how that would actually of worked out as the players got him kicked out....a far to common theme at Tigers, a certain N.Back as ringleader I believe.....Les also introduced Marcos to us, so rather in the plus column.
Those of us who got to see Les play were extremely lucky.
+1 :smt023. IMHO Loffreda should have been given the same chances as others. I have always thought that if change was ever going to happen - for the greater good of the Tigers , Lofredda's fresh set of eyes may have been just the start of it?
Loffreda introduced a proper pre-game preparation - prior to that it was a short amble and chuck-about. I think he was vulnerable as used to different support systems, ways of doing things and unprepared for the hotbed of ambition and rivalry that was Tigers at that time. A gentleman in a vipers nest?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
clarkey80
Tiger Cub

Post by clarkey80 »

Really enjoyed listening to him - talked a lot of sense.
Liked the way he said "pick and go" too - for some reason that tickled me.