Les Cusworth post match interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Les Cusworth post match interview

Post by sapajo »

In summary Bristol play fast dynamic rugby off of quick ruck ball, vary the point of attack and unload off the tackle. Tigers play static rugby off of slow ruck ball and go to ground.

He believes it was unfair to appoint Murphy as he is to inexperienced. He says we need to sign
a world class DOR.

If we can sign some big ball carriers, generate quicker ball to serve our backline and then we will not be far away from where we need to be.

He believes we need to reform our board and coaching structure to make it fit for purpose.

He is optomistic that we can restore our fortunes and points to Bristol. Saints and Gloucester as what can be achieved with world class coaching.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Led Cusworth post match interview

Post by Soggypitch »

I heard the same interview on RL on the way home after the match. Les is certainly a lot more interesting, informed and lucid than Bleddyn!!

You give a very good summary sapajo.

If only Pat Howard could be that new DoR........
Soggypitch
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Les Cusworth post match interview

Post by markharbtiger »

No disrespect to any of our previous coaches and ex-players, but personally I feel past history with the club ought not be as important as it seems...
Taking nothing away from our past glories, the main focus should be on those teams and coaching/management structures elsewhere that are getting results now.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Pat Howard is not the solution another ex tiger who has spent years out of the game. He would be just another "no brainer" signing and we have gone down that road to often for me.

For pity's sake why oh why can the BOD not just sign a world class DOR and no Mike Ford is not acceptable in lieu.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Pat Howard has still got a very good understanding of the game and his insight to what was happening in the game today was very interesting. He still has something to offer the game.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 pm Pat Howard has still got a very good understanding of the game and his insight to what was happening in the game today was very interesting. He still has something to offer the game.
Then please let it be not at Tigers this incestuos obsession with ex players and ex coaches is in my opinion is strangling the rugby out of our great club.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Didn't Cusworth introduce Loffreda to us ?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

MikeR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 pm Didn't Cusworth introduce Loffreda to us ?
He did & we will never know how that would actually of worked out as the players got him kicked out....a far to common theme at Tigers, a certain N.Back as ringleader I believe.....Les also introduced Marcos to us, so rather in the plus column.
Those of us who got to see Les play were extremely lucky.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Spent 40 minutes with Les Cusworth before the game - real privilege to be with a great player and passionate fan!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Les remains my favourite all time player. :smt023
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm
MikeR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 pm Didn't Cusworth introduce Loffreda to us ?
He did & we will never know how that would actually of worked out as the players got him kicked out....a far to common theme at Tigers, a certain N.Back as ringleader I believe.....Les also introduced Marcos to us, so rather in the plus column.
Those of us who got to see Les play were extremely lucky.
+1 :smt023. IMHO Loffreda should have been given the same chances as others. I have always thought that if change was ever going to happen - for the greater good of the Tigers , Lofredda's fresh set of eyes may have been just the start of it?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I too was very lucky to have seen Les play many games for Tigers but the reason he was so brilliant was he played in a very settled team of backs.
The whole interview, which I too heard coming back from the game, was excellent. The bit Tigers should latch onto for the last two games:
“ Chalkie(White) used to say to the forwards( who weren’t the best at the time) just give the backs 40% possession and they’ll do the rest! “

George Ford is as good as Les and tackles in a similar way but more effectively. Trouble has been a different set of backs every match.
No one’s fault just really bad luck with injuries and international call ups.

I bet Quins will have the same backs again this week although Danny Care will be back.
Redstripeman

Re: Led Cusworth post match interview

Post by Redstripeman »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm I heard the same interview on RL on the way home after the match. Les is certainly a lot more interesting, informed and lucid than Bleddyn!!

You give a very good summary sapajo.

If only Pat Howard could be that new DoR........

....I am sure he said he had no plans to move back to the UK.!!
Apparently it would not go down too well with his other half......so, not going to happen. The fact that he is here overlooking the club is a tad strange, what exactly is he looking for, what will he see that GM has not picked up on. What exactly is his remit, does it stretch to the board the grass roots or feedback from the terraces and with all this to be covered in a week of supposed analytical observations.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 pm In summary Bristol play fast dynamic rugby off of quick ruck ball, vary the point of attack and unload off the tackle. Tigers play static rugby off of slow ruck ball and go to ground.

He believes it was unfair to appoint Murphy as he is to inexperienced. He says we need to sign
a world class DOR.

If we can sign some big ball carriers, generate quicker ball to serve our backline and then we will not be far away from where we need to be.

He believes we need to reform our board and coaching structure to make it fit for purpose.

He is optomistic that we can restore our fortunes and points to Bristol. Saints and Gloucester as what can be achieved with world class coaching.
"He believes we need to reform our board " isn't that like Turkey's voting for Christmas, I can't see that happening, although I agree it should
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:07 pm Pat Howard is not the solution another ex tiger who has spent years out of the game. He would be just another "no brainer" signing and we have gone down that road to often for me.

For pity's sake why oh why can the BOD not just sign a world class DOR and no Mike Ford is not acceptable in lieu.
Pat can be the solution, but only in such as the board accept his findings and implement them and not as Pat as DoR
God created rugby so footballers have heros too