All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3049
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by BFG » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Constantly blaming coaches is just wrong, there is a reduction in the basic qualities of the players over several years.
PLAY HARD OR GO HOME!
It's evident across much of the league and not just at Leicester.
I've watched several matches this weekend and again much of it has been poor.
There is no magic coaching wand that can make good those who don't truly want it.
You either have it or you don't, Thompson has it but very few others.
When young players like today and consistently over previous matches don't have the desire to even tackle and are then let off the hook for it with excuses then you really are heading for bigger trouble, it's inexcusable at this level.

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm

So Murphy’s win rate is now less than 30%. MOC was sacked at 50% and looking at things as a whole, we probably played better rugby under him than we are now.

Ex-Tigers players or not, for me it doesn’t matter, what matters is that the coaching team is the right one which right now it isn’t. I’d rather have the Bristol and Worcester coaching teams than ours, if we did I’d imagine we’d comfortably be top 6.

I feel sorry for the players, you can tell they aren’t playing with any structure in attack or gameplan.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by CitizenSmiff » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Sale away was the tipping point for me; their squad isn't better than ours and Steve Diamond is very far from a rugby genius, but they had a plan with constant movement of first up runners off a 9 with a deadly pass and they made us pay with it. We've looked collectively brain dead all season and that ultimately comes down to the men in the coaching box.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3049
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by BFG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:15 am

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 pm
Sale away was the tipping point for me; their squad isn't better than ours and Steve Diamond is very far from a rugby genius, but they had a plan with constant movement of first up runners off a 9 with a deadly pass and they made us pay with it. We've looked collectively brain dead all season and that ultimately comes down to the men in the coaching box.
It is!

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by G.K » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:40 am

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm
So Murphy’s win rate is now less than 30%. MOC was sacked at 50% and looking at things as a whole, we probably played better rugby under him than we are now.

Ex-Tigers players or not, for me it doesn’t matter, what matters is that the coaching team is the right one which right now it isn’t. I’d rather have the Bristol and Worcester coaching teams than ours, if we did I’d imagine we’d comfortably be top 6.

I feel sorry for the players, you can tell they aren’t playing with any structure in attack or gameplan.
Marcel Loffreda's win ratio was higher than both at 55.55% including 2 finals and despite coming in one third of the way through the season so having no pre-season at all. He was fired.

Just saying.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by Tigerbeat » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 am

Five games lost by less than a score and four red cards did no favours and the table would probably look different, Defence at the start of the season was appalling but has improved and can get better. The discipline has cost us some of the games and likewise injuries.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5837
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by JP14 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:32 am

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm
So Murphy’s win rate is now less than 30%. MOC was sacked at 50% and looking at things as a whole, we probably played better rugby under him than we are now.

Ex-Tigers players or not, for me it doesn’t matter, what matters is that the coaching team is the right one which right now it isn’t. I’d rather have the Bristol and Worcester coaching teams than ours, if we did I’d imagine we’d comfortably be top 6.

I feel sorry for the players, you can tell they aren’t playing with any structure in attack or gameplan.
MOC’s win rate was 50% because senior players like Toomua stood up and pulled it out of the hat, something which has happened this season.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

tigerssteve
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by tigerssteve » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 am

norfolkexpat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 pm
That's the final straw. An abysmal display , and the Coaches have to be held responsible. A number of the younger players are never be going to make the grade, and the No 11 missed numerous tackles. How can Northamptons winger weigh twice as much as ours. ?????
Round and round we go riding the tiger on the carousel. Pretty much every game has been a final straw. Owolofela can't help his build but I get your point. The problem is, you can only play what you've got. The fact that he is all we've got to offer is the problem. I see why Geordie likes him, he reminds him of himself back in the day. Sadly, the day has gone. Blokes his size can survive in a good team, but they need more physical courage than he is showing at the moment. It's like Lomu v Underwood every week but in those days you only had one Lomu, now every team seems to have one!. IMO never a Tiger. Yet again soft tries conceded and by now the work of defence coach should be showing. In flashes, Newcastle last week, it is but not consistently. Another card! I'd love to see a league table of time spent without a full team. I bet we top that one! Points conceded is a joke. Really embarrassed to see it every week. The BP probably keeps us safely in the league but if that is the level of our ambition it's unacceptable.
On the positive side, I first started watching Tigers in the 60's and we were pretty dire, often more people on the pitch than in the stands. Then Chalkie came along and off we went. Then down, back up, back down. I'm not talking relegation, just performance levels. So, like many other things, it's often cyclic. We need to cling on as the roller coaster plummets down, so we can enjoy the thrill of the ride back up. Hopefully.

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by fortysix » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 am

I agree with the last post by Steve, but what is hard to ignore is the seeming lack of bottle shown by a number of players. The Coaches MUST SEE the software results of the players who just dont perform, so why on heavens earth are they picked ??

A simple ''leak'' to the press a la footy naming players would soon buck their ideas up.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5837
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by JP14 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:27 pm

fortysix wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 am
I agree with the last post by Steve, but what is hard to ignore is the seeming lack of bottle shown by a number of players. The Coaches MUST SEE the software results of the players who just dont perform, so why on heavens earth are they picked ??

A simple ''leak'' to the press a la footy naming players would soon buck their ideas up.
And make an already tense atmosphere a toxic one? No thanks.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Baz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by Baz » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Let's start by acknowledging that injuries have hit us harder than any other Prem side. That said, I don't agree with some of the comments here about players not fronting up. We simply should be doing better with the squad that we have. It's obvious that what they are being told, doesn't work! We struggle to make ground, then lose it again to stupid errors. We cannot cope with anyone's driving maul; any attempt to form one of our own is a humiliating failure. There is rarely anyone at a player's shoulder, in an ideal position for an offload. Bristol were very slick in that area. We cannot get the ball to the best winger in England with space to work in. GM's use of the bench is often questionable. Veainu can be a game-changer. What's the point of bringing him on with 3 minutes remaining? Bristol are not a great side; Pat Lam is simply coaching them to do the basics well. The sad conclusion is, that Tigers do not have the world-class coaching set-up they need. The fact that Mike Ford is supposed to have made a difference in the short time he's been here, is a sad indictment of the current set-up. Tinkering is no good; tear it down, and start again from scratch, but get the best!

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by sapajo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Baz wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:47 pm
Let's start by acknowledging that injuries have hit us harder than any other Prem side. That said, I don't agree with some of the comments here about players not fronting up. We simply should be doing better with the squad that we have. It's obvious that what they are being told, doesn't work! We struggle to make ground, then lose it again to stupid errors. We cannot cope with anyone's driving maul; any attempt to form one of our own is a humiliating failure. There is rarely anyone at a player's shoulder, in an ideal position for an offload. Bristol were very slick in that area. We cannot get the ball to the best winger in England with space to work in. GM's use of the bench is often questionable. Veainu can be a game-changer. What's the point of bringing him on with 3 minutes remaining? Bristol are not a great side; Pat Lam is simply coaching them to do the basics well. The sad conclusion is, that Tigers do not have the world-class coaching set-up they need. The fact that Mike Ford is supposed to have made a difference in the short time he's been here, is a sad indictment of the current set-up. Tinkering is no good; tear it down, and start again from scratch, but get the best!
Yes we deserve the very best and frankly any Ex Tiger does not come close to fulfilling that requirement! This means we are stuck firmly in the past playing the same old tripe year in year out because all the Ex Tigers coaches can do is coach what they were coached. Let them leave their Tigers cash cow and come back when they have more experience outside of Tigers and stop this futile and unhealthy delusion with employing past players and coaches . They are part of our problems not our solutions God knows what needs to happen to end this madness?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by Dangerous4 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Our game play is most certainly outdated, and easily dealt with by the opposition because we are so predictable, imo. I have already stated we need more coaches that are knowledgeable about streetwise tactics. Thus I feel we should start once more with the basics, and introduce a more updated structure. This will never be achieved by the coaches we currently have, so I believe we need a clear out, come the end of the season. If not, prepare yourselves for another dire mess next time around.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by CitizenSmiff » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:26 pm

I can't see Murphy resigning because honestly who's going to hire him after all this, and he's got his own financial security to look after. Same with Deacon and Allen. Blake I believe is on a short term deal and needs to be shown the door immediately after the season concludes.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: All Coaches except Boris must go now..

Post by LE18 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:50 pm

Jed Glynn gone or hiding? I heard he had gone?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests