Pat Howard

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigers1213

Re: Pat Howard

Post by Tigers1213 »

Pat Howard is at the club next week to review the club from top to bottom and advise on his findings
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

About time!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Article on the club website regarding Howard.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Welcome back Pat and as usual, full of great humour. Along with Stransky, best overseas player we ever had and a tremendous coach as well as being a true gentleman. He came to my school a lot to do coaching and I remember one lad asking how to side step: he put a few training discs in a grid no more than 8 meters apart then got 5 Year 6 lads,who were my best tacklers at the time and told them to tackle him; I instructed the lads to keep a tight line and advance on Pat; he side stepped them easily then repeated it with other team members! Superb and of course the young female staff really enjoyed him coming along for most of the Spring term. Needless to say we continued to win quite a few trophies that season and Pat was willing to keep giving advice long after the season ended. Thanks Pat. Forever in our Tiger Hearts.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Agree about Howard and Stransky but I would throw Kronfeld in as well as a top top overseas player for us

I hope Pat returns in a more permanent way
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I would add Telusa and Serevi both great players.
A life long Tiger
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

mightymouse wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:02 pm Agree about Howard and Stransky but I would throw Kronfeld in as well as a top top overseas player for us

I hope Pat returns in a more permanent way
Errmmm! Some very short memories on here! All those attending Welford road this afternoon should attend MAAS (The Marcus Ayertza Appreciation Society) and say 7 hail Marie’s for omitting the best loose head in World rugby
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Do something right for once BOD. Bring back Pat! :smt023
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Last thing we need is another ex Tiger.
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

He stood by us on the Crumbie - as a man of vision and personal responsibility, God knows what he thought to the shambolic display.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I'm not a troll thank you very much, I'm a long time fan grown increasingly frustrated by our lack of innovation or foresight in basically any area of operating a professional rugby club. Getting another club man back in a poorly defined advisory role won't change anything, we need a stiff broom and a bit of spine to do the necessary and sweep away past notions of faded grandeur.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm Last thing we need is another ex Tiger.
Disagree. There are ex Tiges and there are ex Tigers, like Pat Howard who would be brilliant as a DoR above Geordie.

Only in my dreams could that happen however.
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

We need fresh blood we are still playing the same rubbish rugby year in year out. Its time for decisive and major change ditch the past embrace the future appoint a world class DOR now its that simple.

The BOD have been recruiting our coaching staff on a shoestring and adhoc shotgun basis it beggars belief that they can just carry on with this madness regardless
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So any player's parents or ex coaches that just happen to pass by Welford Road gets pulled in to help for a few weeks now? LFC has become a complete joke of a club.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.