Coventry crowd

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Coventry crowd

Post by Dangerous4 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 am What's wrong with that, if they want to write off their debts good for them, trouble is on this board lots of posters think Tigers are whiter than white, we are not, why didn't Tigers push for more punishment for the two teams allegedly breaching the salary cap, I'll tell you why, to a lesser extent we were guilty of some devious practices same as a lot of the other teams in the premiership, everyone wanted it swept under the carpet.

Source?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We have to be careful what we post on a public forum so I won't comment any further but like BigDan I've heard stuff too.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am A Sarries fan on another forum reckons there were 8k Sarries fans there in their away shirts alone :smt005
Now that is a laugh. Where did he escape from?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It was our now Sarries supporting ex Saints supporting Judas who I posted a link up to before. He talks complete drivel but very funny at times. If there were 8k Sarries fans they were all either dressed up as empty seats or wearing Munster tops :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I don't believe there were anywhere near 8,000 Sarries supporters at the Ricoh.
In spite of the success they have bought, their core support is less than 6k.
It is easy to inflate a crowd giving away free tickets to HQ etc but that's all smoke and mirrors.
Having said that, (through gritted teeth) I have to admit they played very well yesterday and deserved the win.
But again, the commentators had it right when they were bringing on "such a fund of riches" in so many internationals as replacements. "How on earth do they do it" they said. I think we know don't we?
A life long Tiger
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Smudge said,
"How on earth do they do it" they said. I think we know don't we.
Same as tigers did it in our glory days, same as Bath did it in their glory days, same as Wasps did it in their glory days, nothing new.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The official attendance was 16, 235 - Pathetic
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Well rumour has it Munster took close to 15k
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

They should play the semi-finals as double headers around Europe each year from London, Paris, Rome, Cardiff, Dublin and Edinburgh.
That'd be some weekend to experience and tickets worth paying for in my opinion.
If a team was fortunate to be near home then it'd be by chance.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Even though it's in England and there are two French teams I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 65% Leinster fans,20% French club fans,10% neutral,5% Sarries fans split for finals weekend. And that's probably being generous in some quarters. Any offers on that bid?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 pm The official attendance was 16, 235 - Pathetic
I swear that was OUR attendance at the semifinal in 16-17.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Sarries wont last long as a Club. Its unsustainable, with piffling support in a lousy rugby area. Gone in 5 years, and no one will miss them.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 am What's wrong with that, if they want to write off their debts good for them, trouble is on this board lots of posters think Tigers are whiter than white, we are not, why didn't Tigers push for more punishment for the two teams allegedly breaching the salary cap, I'll tell you why, to a lesser extent we were guilty of some devious practices same as a lot of the other teams in the premiership, everyone wanted it swept under the carpet.
What’s wrong with that? Lots. It’s not a business model rugby wants. Sadly so much of a hash has been made since the game went pro that unfortunately it’s probably the “business model” (business in the loosest sense of the word) that works for the time being.

In the meantime, glad to support a club that (generally) makes its own money as a sustainable business.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:43 pm
trendylfj wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 pm The official attendance was 16, 235 - Pathetic
That was the season we were thrashed by Glasgow and didn’t make the Semifinal. The season before, so April 2016, we played Racing at the City Ground, Nottingham. Our website says I was one of 22,000 there. The ground holds 32,000. I remember a couple of thousand Racing fans, maybe even 3-4,000. We had the clear majority of the fans there that day, probably at least 15-16,000.

Ticketing for the Semis has always been a problem. But to only ask for 3,000 tickets says a lot about Sarries and about ERC’s organisation of the event.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Grimlish wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:43 pm
That was the season we were thrashed by Glasgow and didn’t make the Semifinal. The season before, so April 2016, we played Racing at the City Ground, Nottingham. Our website says I was one of 22,000 there. The ground holds 32,000. I remember a couple of thousand Racing fans, maybe even 3-4,000. We had the clear majority of the fans there that day, probably at least 15-16,000.

Ticketing for the Semis has always been a problem. But to only ask for 3,000 tickets says a lot about Sarries and about ERC’s organisation of the event.
Ah should’ve been more specific, I meant the Premiership semifinal at the Ricoh.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni