Weekend match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:09 am

For anyone to comment on all things SR or European games. Just watching some SR, absolutely filthy try by the Sunwolves,the skill levels in this league blow me away at times!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 am

The Sunwolves finally arrive and now we are gonna lose them,damn shame!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7146
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by RagingBull » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am

Scott Hansen has done well with them.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am

Didn't know that RB,very interesting!

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Dangerous4 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am
Didn't know that RB,very interesting!

I didn't know either, but they sound red hot.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2245
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Mark62 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Shame they’re being scrapped

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:35 am

Tahs Rebels is a bit meh!

drc_007
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3165
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by drc_007 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Saracens made Munster look pretty ordinary without hitting top gear.

Their workmate for the full 80 mins is miles ahead of Tigers, if Tigers want to compete next year there will have to be a huge transformation.

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by fentiger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Nigel's been doing his best to wind up the French crowd....

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by BFG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:03 pm

I watched the semi-final today and there were some shocking decisions which had an impact.
Penalising Toulouse in the first half with the number 12 Ahki over the ball was a bad one, eventually Leinster scored from the line out to stretch it to 17-3.
Then later in the first half the most cinical deliberate knock on as you are ever likely to see from Leinster, with Toulouse virtually certain to score it was easily a penalty try, I can't see the point in having the rule if it isn't going to be consistently applied.
Half time should've been at least 10-10 with the Ahki decision the other way still to play out.
That wasn't a neutral venue and I eventually turned off as the Leinster love in on commentary became too sickly.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by JP14 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:41 pm

BFG wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:03 pm
I watched the semi-final today and there were some shocking decisions which had an impact.
Penalising Toulouse in the first half with the number 12 Ahki over the ball was a bad one, eventually Leinster scored from the line out to stretch it to 17-3.
Then later in the first half the most cinical deliberate knock on as you are ever likely to see from Leinster, with Toulouse virtually certain to score it was easily a penalty try, I can't see the point in having the rule if it isn't going to be consistently applied.
Half time should've been at least 10-10 with the Ahki decision the other way still to play out.
That wasn't a neutral venue and I eventually turned off as the Leinster love in on commentary became too sickly.
Yes I’ve said before I very much dislike the BT Sport commentary.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Robespierre » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm

I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
Semper in excreta

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by BFG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm
I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
I think that you are too kind.
I fancy Toulouse would've scored had that knock on not been committed.
I'm not keen on the deliberate knock on rule but that one was about as blatant as you'll ever see and I suspect that on another day and with another ref that could've been a penalty try.
We see them given and not, too many home fans for the former on this occasion.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3192
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by sam16111986 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 am

BFG wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 pm
Robespierre wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm
I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
I think that you are too kind.
I fancy Toulouse would've scored had that knock on not been committed.
I'm not keen on the deliberate knock on rule but that one was about as blatant as you'll ever see and I suspect that on another day and with another ref that could've been a penalty try.
We see them given and not, too many home fans for the former on this occasion.
Agreed should have been a penalty try. It's a short pass and if you remove the illegal interference there's no one else to disrupt the catch and dive over the line. Not that you were going to stop that unit a metre out.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Dangerous4 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Leinster are a great side. Like Sarries, they know how to win.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Saxon and 2 guests