Franklins Gardens help.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Franklins Gardens help.

Post by Scott1 »

Hello ladies and gents. It looks like I'm going to watch the Tigers/Saints development game this Saturday at 1pm. Tickets are only £5 adults,£2 kids so I thought id take my now rugby mad daughter!
I'm ok with rail plans,I'm right on top of the Birmingham/Leicester line so will go via Nuneaton. But when I get off in Northampton whats the best plan of action? Bus? Taxi? Walking distance? Any decent pubs en route? Best stand to sit in if all are open? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Franklins Gardens help.

Post by Bunchy »

its walking distance with a few nice boozers on the way - head down the hill towards the big tower and you can't miss it - and wipe your feet on the way out !!! :smt001
Less is more....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks,wire brush and bleach ready for when I get in :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Didnt the massive gas tower structure get demolished for new residential development or were you talking of a different tower?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I think he’s referring to the fireman’s tower, at least that’s what I think it is, right by the ground
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Ah yes, I was thinking of this one - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-23144884
merryperson
Tiger Cub

Post by merryperson »

Hi
The ground is next to this https://elevation.fandom.com/wiki/Express_Lift and there is a good pub next to the ground
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

merryperson wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm Hi
The ground is next to this https://elevation.fandom.com/wiki/Express_Lift and there is a good pub next to the ground

Yes, if you can get in it. The bar at Saints is pretty good though. Well, it was the last time I went.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

The Tower was a Lift test tower belonging to Express Lifts before Otis took them over and closed them down, like they try to do to every company they take over, including the one I worked for! They try to eliminate competition and only want the companies service port folio. I believe its now a Grade 2 Listed building.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks for the help guys but I've been stood up! Daughter has deffed me off for Drayton Manor! Typical :smt005