Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby Morality

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm One of the games assets is/was off field respect.
Something that certain famous players haven't respected recently.
On the field has never been quite as relaxed as off it as far as I can recall.
Those who had a go at Ford for time wasting were taking it a bit far in my opinion and were just moaning for the sake of moaning.
BFG I don't condone time wasting, equally I don't think folk were really moaning about George using the Laws, time wasting has always gone on, but I think it was the way George just stood there turning round etc that looked so off! There must be more subtle ways of doing it that would not have drawn so much notice and hence comment. What's wrong with tying laces, sponge, lost kicking tee etc?
ah so you want him to lie then, he did nothing wrong in either the laws of the game or the spirit of it
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm One of the games assets is/was off field respect.
Those who had a go at Ford for time wasting were taking it a bit far in my opinion and were just moaning for the sake of moaning.
BFG I don't condone time wasting, equally I don't think folk were really moaning about George using the Laws, time wasting has always gone on, but I think it was the way George just stood there turning round etc that looked so off! There must be more subtle ways of doing it that would not have drawn so much notice and hence comment. What's wrong with tying laces, sponge, lost kicking tee etc?
ah so you want him to lie then, he did nothing wrong in either the laws of the game or the spirit of it
I didn't say that he did, its just that I think he could have made better use of his time, within the laws, than just standing there that would not have drawn so much adverse comment, and if you ever played I'm sure you will agree?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 pm

I didn't say that he did, its just that I think he could have made better use of his time, within the laws, than just standing there that would not have drawn so much adverse comment, and if you ever played I'm sure you will agree?
it makes no difference how he used the time if he was going to do it he may as well own it rather than pretend to be doing anything else just for show, one might say he showed some maturity and leadership by doing this way, showing he was in total control.

The only people moaning are Newcastle fans and some people that are still unhappy we swapped Burnes for Ford so will take any excuse to moan plus a few that just want to act superior to others
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I agree about the laces etc.
It might've been a bit of gamesmanship given what happened with the Falcons kicker and his odd little shimmy.
I thought it was funny and it made me smile when Ford did what he did in return.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

When so much is now at stake in the game, we have to accept that gamesmanship will never go away.

Oh for the amateur days!