Exeter vs Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Exeter vs Wasps

Post by sapajo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Jack Nowell wearing a new head guard with red bull logo on it. How is that allowable when Manu got reprimanded for wearing a name on his mouthguard during a prem game :smt017
Last edited by sapajo on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2559
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Scott1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Wasps 21-12 at HT hehehehe

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2525
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Hot_Charlie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:50 pm
Wasps 21-12 at HT hehehehe
Not really what Tigers need.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2559
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Scott1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Why not? 6th isnt going to happen,it's 8 points including points difference if wins are the same,pipe dream imo with only 3 games left.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Why not? 6th isnt going to happen,it's 8 points including points difference if wins are the same,pipe dream imo with only 3 games left.
Giving up before the final whistle Scotty? :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2559
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Scott1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Who me? Never :smt005 a TBP win against Brizzle and like Neo I might start beginning to believe

speedski
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by speedski » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm

sapajo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Jack Nowell wearing a new head guard with red bull logo on it. How is that allowable when Manu got reprimanded for wearing a name on his mouthguard during a prem game :smt017
Was them prem or lions? (or was it both....)

Must admit, player salary is one thing, but if we start getting non rugby brands putting it on things like heads through player endorsements that's going to get proper difficult to track.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:58 pm

speedski wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm
sapajo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Jack Nowell wearing a new head guard with red bull logo on it. How is that allowable when Manu got reprimanded for wearing a name on his mouthguard during a prem game :smt017
Was them prem or lions? (or was it both....)

Must admit, player salary is one thing, but if we start getting non rugby brands putting it on things like heads through player endorsements that's going to get proper difficult to track.
Manu got his admonishment for the mouthguard sponsorship playing for England during RWC11 iirc, which went against the agreed tournament sponsors.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by sapajo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:58 pm
speedski wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm
sapajo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Jack Nowell wearing a new head guard with red bull logo on it. How is that allowable when Manu got reprimanded for wearing a name on his mouthguard during a prem game :smt017
Was them prem or lions? (or was it both....)

Must admit, player salary is one thing, but if we start getting non rugby brands putting it on things like heads through player endorsements that's going to get proper difficult to track.
Manu got his admonishment for the mouthguard sponsorship playing for England during RWC11 iirc, which went against the agreed tournament sponsors.

Thanks for correcting me! In which case is the fact that Jack Nowell was sporting red bull logo on his headgear, legit in the premiership??
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

daktari
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:23 am
Location: UK

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by daktari » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Individual Sponsorship on head gear certainly used to be against the rules, no idea if it still is
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 18, coming soon...

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5107
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Tigerbeat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Red Bull are one of the sponsor partners at Exeter Chiefs so guess nothing is wrong.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by CitizenSmiff » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm

A quick google indicates he's had a commercial relationship with the company going back a few years. To be honest I don't particularly care, if the club is allowed to plaster the rest of his kit with a million sponsors logos why shouldn't he make some money off his noggin? Can't imagine Frobishers are too happy with it mind!

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by Dangerous4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:56 pm
Red Bull are one of the sponsor partners at Exeter Chiefs so guess nothing is wrong.

Do Exeter players drink a crate or two before k.o? :smt017

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Exeter vs Wasps

Post by WhitecapTiger » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Tigerbeat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:56 pm
Red Bull are one of the sponsor partners at Exeter Chiefs so guess nothing is wrong.

Do Exeter players drink a crate or two before k.o? :smt017
Their wings are already good enough.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RichG and 2 guests