Tigers v Bristol - 27th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol - 27th April 2019

Post by WhitecapTiger »

A disgraceful shambles masquerading as a team in scarlet, green and white.

Brainless more often than not....evidenced by Wells at the end....a case of refs allowing playersto get up too much, but not us?

Mind you, Vui offside so often I thought he was one of ours.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Generally disappointed with the all round effectiveness of the team. Too many dull moments by players eg Genge, not enough invention across the backs, no obvious game plan and again low skill level at tackling.
Relegation fears theoretically still there.
Can't wait for the season to end.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Was it me or was Sir Dickson average in his performance??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Time for the board to admit their mistake in giving Murphy the top coach job, he was useless as a skills coach and is useless as a head coach, still he is an ex Tigers player so that all right then.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And he puts his heart and soul into it :smt003
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

The crowd told the story, gaps everywhere. People are staying away its that bad.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:08 pm And he puts his heart and soul into it :smt003
Very amusing, you shouldn’t be having to teach players basics such as tackling and catching at this level.

But then what do I know you want to put him in charge of all the rugby at the club
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You do the know the difference between DOR and HC I gather?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:12 pm You do the know the difference between DOR and HC I gather?
Yes the head coach works for the director of rugby
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I know I am a broken record. But this isn't a surprise. This is the first time in my memory supporting Tigers where XV players enter the field week after week wearing Tigers shirts, but do not vaguely resemble what one normally refers to as a 'team'. They are a group of individuals; some care, some don't and one or two already have their bags packed and tickets ready for the long flight home.

The level of coaching must be the worst in the premiership and by some distance. But what did the BOD expect when they confirmed the appointment of an interim coach who had Played 8 Lost 8. What did he have to do not to get the job? Is Phil Blake still masterminding the defence, quote Murphy when Blake was appointed "he's available, lives locally and knows the club". Well that's the way most businesses make key recruitment decisions. Anyway it's worked - watch the Sheedy try.

I don't want us to go down. But we deserve to. We are the worst 'team' in the premiership and by some way. Perhaps only then will some of the people at the top of the club do the decent thing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And a DOR is more of a delegator who knits the academy and first team together,gets involved in recruitment etc etc,I think it would be a perfect role for GM with a top proven HC under him.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Agree wholeheartedly Traveller!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:16 pm And a DOR is more of a delegator who knits the academy and first team together,gets involved in recruitment etc etc,I think it would be a perfect role for GM with a top proven HC under him.
Yes so he’s in charge of all the rugby at the club the buck stops with him, the coaches work for him, but you want to promote, yes promote the bloke you say isn’t good enough to coach, to be over the coaches.

You need to think through your arguments
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You need to rethink yours! Just because a man has been a failure as a coach mean he fails as a DOR,ridiculous reasoning
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Same old rubbish, almost every game follows the same pattern. Even our internationals look mediocre. May survive this season, not sure we will the next. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.