Folau

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Goshengareth

Re: Folau

Post by Goshengareth »

To be fair to Sarries (not something I enjoy!), I guess this constitutes the yellow card that Folau got first time round. Hopefully we would see a strong response if he did it again.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm Folau gets the sack and Billy gets a slap on the wrists for totally agreeing with him.

Something smacks of double standards. Well done the Aussies for their stance, despite him being their best player.
Shame on Sarries and England for bottling it
Folau was on a yellow already from previous comments, Billy wasn't, so I would say the yellow will be shown, any repeat offence would force the RFUs hand.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:40 am
Mark62 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm Folau gets the sack and Billy gets a slap on the wrists for totally agreeing with him.

Something smacks of double standards. Well done the Aussies for their stance, despite him being their best player.
Folau was on a yellow already from previous comments, Billy wasn't, so I would say the yellow will be shown, any repeat offence would force the RFUs hand.
Fair point but from the mists of time, wasn’t there an incident when Billy V was injured, and had a few too many sherberts at a corporate do and laid into the England coach, verbally. I think it was during Lancaster tenure
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I am old enough to remember when homosexuality was illegal, I thought that was a stupid law then but like most others of my generation I made and joined in jokes and comments that nowadays would be considered homophobic. In the nineties a gay employee in the factory I managed was the source of many gay jokes, although there was a line that was rarely crossed, he was a good worker and popular with co-workers of both sexes. Folau has made a comment in line with his upbringing and Christian faith, Moslems and Jews would mostly agree with him as those of Abrahamic religions have been taught this through several thousand years. Today apparently we are more enlightened and tolerant just as long as we only make comments in line with modern day thinking. Folau was not advocating worldly punishments for anyone so for non-believers the threat of Hell should not cause concern, nor should those who believe but do not agree with Folau be concerned.The Bible, the Koran and other ancient books and teachings are on public sale, you can even buy a copy of Mein Kampf if you want to surely it is double standards to allow such things to be sold for financial gain yet castigate a rugby player for believing what they teach.
There are messages posted this thread anxious to condemn a guy for saying something that might offend the LGBT community yet not caring if their comments offend the Christian and other believers community. Double standards?
Now can we get back to talking about rugby and not religion, politics or other unimportant matters.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please remember that this is a rugby forum......religion, politics, sexuality, race can cause issues and divide but sport can unite one and all.
Please can we stick to sporting discussion.
Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Thx Tigerbeat.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am

Fair point but from the mists of time, wasn’t there an incident when Billy V was injured, and had a few too many sherberts at a corporate do and laid into the England coach, verbally. I think it was during Lancaster tenure
It would appear the Yellow has been issued....on related matters, could be interesting next time Nigel refs Sarries.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm

It would appear the Yellow has been issued....on related matters, could be interesting next time Nigel refs Sarries.
According to the Guardian Bristol played 'It's raining men' over the PA when BV took the pitch. Which, by any measure, is outstanding work by someone at Bristol :smt005
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kend wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm

According to the Guardian Bristol played 'It's raining men' over the PA when BV took the pitch. Which, by any measure, is outstanding work by someone at Bristol :smt005
Agreed excellent work, he was also widely Booed by the Bristol faithful, which apparently surprised him and McCall
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am I am old enough to remember when homosexuality was illegal, I thought that was a stupid law then but like most others of my generation I made and joined in jokes and comments that nowadays would be considered homophobic. In the nineties a gay employee in the factory I managed was the source of many gay jokes, although there was a line that was rarely crossed, he was a good worker and popular with co-workers of both sexes. Folau has made a comment in line with his upbringing and Christian faith, Moslems and Jews would mostly agree with him as those of Abrahamic religions have been taught this through several thousand years. Today apparently we are more enlightened and tolerant just as long as we only make comments in line with modern day thinking. Folau was not advocating worldly punishments for anyone so for non-believers the threat of Hell should not cause concern, nor should those who believe but do not agree with Folau be concerned.The Bible, the Koran and other ancient books and teachings are on public sale, you can even buy a copy of Mein Kampf if you want to surely it is double standards to allow such things to be sold for financial gain yet castigate a rugby player for believing what they teach.
There are messages posted this thread anxious to condemn a guy for saying something that might offend the LGBT community yet not caring if their comments offend the Christian and other believers community. Double standards?
Now can we get back to talking about rugby and not religion, politics or other unimportant matters.
Well said
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am I am old enough to remember when homosexuality was illegal, I thought that was a stupid law then but like most others of my generation I made and joined in jokes and comments that nowadays would be considered homophobic. In the nineties a gay employee in the factory I managed was the source of many gay jokes, although there was a line that was rarely crossed, he was a good worker and popular with co-workers of both sexes. Folau has made a comment in line with his upbringing and Christian faith, Moslems and Jews would mostly agree with him as those of Abrahamic religions have been taught this through several thousand years. Today apparently we are more enlightened and tolerant just as long as we only make comments in line with modern day thinking. Folau was not advocating worldly punishments for anyone so for non-believers the threat of Hell should not cause concern, nor should those who believe but do not agree with Folau be concerned.The Bible, the Koran and other ancient books and teachings are on public sale, you can even buy a copy of Mein Kampf if you want to surely it is double standards to allow such things to be sold for financial gain yet castigate a rugby player for believing what they teach.
Well said
Ditto
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s a contentious issue that is not best explained or argued by posters on this forum, apart from JohntheGriff who talks some sense. It’s interesting how mostly the only argument on the other side is just PC brigade this and Pc brigade that, well I don’t see how an overwhelming majority of people taking offence with a person who has condemned millions of people to Hell because they love differently is being apart of the PC Brigade!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If this topic cannot return to a sporting discussion it will be locked down....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sorry Tigerbeat I was trying to wrap it up, Squidge Rugby, sometimes inaccurate but pretty funny and very analytical, has made a video on the situation should anyone want to watch it.

https://youtu.be/OHUMviehpko
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni