Post by kpj tiger »

Who's going to get Izzy Folau then?

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/rugby- ... ael-folau/
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Folau

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes he is a plonker! It seems that all religious extremists are zealots of one form or another, no matter what religion they practice.

With regard to the Tasmanian Parliament making it optional to register the sex of a child on a birth certificate however, I suspect he will not be the only one to be incredulous!!
Soggypitch
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Or return to Aussie Rules...he should be removed from Union permanently
. Fantastic player....awful person.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

He'll go back to league IMO. They have much lower morals, look at how they completely ignore any concussion/player welfare issues.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Good riddance, no room in this game for anybody so wrapped up in hatred for other human beings. Hard to give the Wallabies any credit though, his bigotry has been no secret, they're only taking action because now it's so public.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As I said on Twitter, he has a right to believe what he wants but he must respect the views of others and the fact that he is a rugby player and a well known one at that he should know better! You don’t see Billy Vunipola criticising Corbyn do you?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Folau mentioned a list of sins that he believed would be punished, however it amazes me that everyone has jumped on him for one in particular. It just shows that everyone can have an opinion and freedom of speech, as long as it doesn't mention certain parts of society.

He is a christian who is taught to love all without exception, but he expressed a believe according to what the bible teaches him, that we all either go to heaven or hell and that some will go to hell. This is not extreme religious ideals. Heaven and hell is the back bone teachings of all religions. Does this mean Manu Tuilagi should be sacked by Tigers and England, because I'm sure he shares the same views, even if he doesn't admit it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He might not play rugby again ,absolute joke! Last I'll say on it in case I get myself in trouble!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

rich1576 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:51 pm Folau mentioned a list of sins that he believed would be punished, however it amazes me that everyone has jumped on him for one in particular. It just shows that everyone can have an opinion and freedom of speech, as long as it doesn't mention certain parts of society.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you like, it just means you won't be arrested for it. You still have to face the consequences of you actions which in this case means the sack. And it's not just 'certain parts', you don't have to be gay to be offended by homophobia.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Thx Citizen Smiff for your sensible views. Somewhat embarrassed for a couple of the other posters. I think sticking to rugby would be a good idea.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I will never understand this kind of view point.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Post by Dangerous4 »

I sympathise with him, and would like to see him here, but of course it wont happen.
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

I sympathise with him in exactly the same ways as Joe Marler sympathised with him yesterday.

Also, I hope he never represents the Leicester Tigers.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Loob19 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm I sympathise with him in exactly the same ways as Joe Marler sympathised with him yesterday.

Also, I hope he never represents the Leicester Tigers.
:smt005 :smt005 That would probably get you banned around here! Same, I don't think he'd like Leicester much anyway, far too pluralist and the LGBT centre is only about a ten minute walk from Welford Road.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:58 pm If some people don't like it, that should be their problem. :smt045 :smt045 :smt045
Indeed, I don’t have an issue with his beliefs. But then, I have no issue with his contract being ripped up either. They didn’t like it, so they sorted their problem!