Toomua

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toomua

Post by Dangerous4 »

I just hope he has a great game v Newcastle, along with the rest of the lads. :smt023
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Toomua should play in the centre alongside Manu. He is a great bloke and has the ability, along with the rest of the players, to turn things round.
We are right behind the team and will be next season too.
Whatever happens, thanks Matt and good luck in The World Cup.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Sorry to labour the point. But the point is that I don't think Toomua is 'trying his best'. His head and heart are clearly in Australia. I say that as some who worked abroad for a good portion of my career. Over the last 5 decades I've seen Tigers players with a quarter of the talent Toomua has, 'try their best' ,and they have made a bigger impact as a consequence. However he is NOT the reason we have are in the position we are in.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:14 pm Toomua should play in the centre alongside Manu. He is a great bloke and has the ability, along with the rest of the players, to turn things round.
We are right behind the team and will be next season too.
Whatever happens, thanks Matt and good luck in The World Cup.
:smt023 +1
As Good As It Gets
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's fair to say Toomua hasn't consistently provided the kind of decisive moments you'd expect from an international centre, particularly since he announced his early departure.

But his signing has by no means been a failure. There was an (albeit) brief moment when him and Ford were tearing defences apart.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Toomua celebrated like he hadn't asked to leave immediately.

Unless we are releasing him if we can certainly be safe.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

He played very well last night and I'm sure he will be with us until the end of the season.
Soggypitch
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am He played very well last night and I'm sure he will be with us until the end of the season.
Couldn’t have asked for anymore, bearing in mind he was playing out of position. Hopefully we’ll see him back at 12 in the final games of the season.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 am
Soggypitch wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am He played very well last night and I'm sure he will be with us until the end of the season.
Couldn’t have asked for anymore, bearing in mind he was playing out of position. Hopefully we’ll see him back at 12 in the final games of the season.
I think it was his best game in months last night. I'd keep him at fullback. Coming into the line further out meant he had more space and the tactical option at the back gave us more stability. As he gains more experience back there he'll look more confident.

Hopefully Eastmond, Manu and Smith will all be available for the next game after a week off so we'll have centre options.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I am a huge fan of Matt and last night he was really up for it. Let’s not forget some of our best wins have come when he and TPN have played.
Australia will want to see their potential World Cup Players cope with pressure if they are to be considered for The World Cup. The Gallagher Premiership, particularly this season, is a tough league so succeed here and it bodes well for their selection chances.
TPN, improved his throwing in and he is a great ball carrier and skilful player.
Him coming off the bench last night brought some much needed extra weight to the pack. Kerr had a very good game and could be World Class. He had a great attitude last night, sprinting to line outs, tackling and seemed, from where I stood, to have a very calm, leadership type brain on his young shoulders.
If, as seems likely, Manu is out v Bristol then Matt has to play in the centre.
If Manu is back he needs to show his England form which still, isn’t quite World Class yet. Manu needs the games to improve his fitness and confidence ahead of England selection.