“Fans”

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

“Fans”

Post by JP14 »

I read on Twitter pretty disgusting tweets telling the Tigers media team that they hope their mum’s get cancer. What a :censored joke. We might as well get relegated so those “fans” can jog on to Wasps or whatever and never come back!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Baz

Re: “Fans”

Post by Baz »

Hear, hear!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:54 pm I read on Twitter pretty disgusting tweets telling the Tigers media team that they hope their mum’s get cancer. What a :censored joke. We might as well get relegated so those “fans” can jog on to Wasps or whatever and never come back!

They are not real fans, but vile and despicable morons!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:54 pm I read on Twitter pretty disgusting tweets telling the Tigers media team that they hope their mum’s get cancer. What a :censored joke. We might as well get relegated so those “fans” can jog on to Wasps or whatever and never come back!

They are not real fans, but vile and despicable morons!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty sure it was on Matt Toomua's instagram.
I mentioned something about it on here earlier in the year a couple months ago, and was met with stuff like well if it affects players then we don't want them, footballers get it way worst or they don't have the balls if it affects them.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Come on RB! No one said that kind of abuse is deserved,you're stretching it completely!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

There's no point trying to shame the shameless. All the trolls want is notoriety so we should report them to the police and then totally ignore them. If they don't get a reaction, they go elsewhere.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And if they did and I missed it then they don't belong on this great forum or as a Tigers fan!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

No kind of abuse is deserved.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It isn't but criticism is I'm afraid. Big difference though
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yes their is a big difference.

and no one said criticism isn't warranted, but there is also place for it, people personal media accounts being one of the places it isn't warranted. But it has been happening a lot lately.
Not just players profile but also their partners in some cases.

It isn't like football where they get thousands of comments and most will get lost in the amount, Rugby players only generally get a few comments on posts so they really stick out.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I'm considering sending an email to the club along the lines of being disgusted with this, thoroughly disassociating myself from these sort of people and asking them to pass on to coaches, players and the whole club that come what may they will have my full support.

Anybody with me? If so why not send an email too?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree,it's disgusting! I moan on here but would never dream of targeting a player directly ,I've always said forums are a platform to vent your feelings but personal attacks and direct abuse is a disgrace. These people arnt real fans anyway
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Thank you for this Scott. I was going to start a thread regarding what I’ve seen on Instagram.

It appears to be directed at Toomua and also there has been some towards Veianu, even aimed at his daughter, just sick evil stuff. :smt019 :smt013
The players seem to be making light of it but if this is how supporters are becoming I will just keep my support to myself and quietly follow the same team I have for 40 plus years
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

No excuse, no justification, utter disgrace. Lord knows i am upset about our plight but this behaviour is reprehensible and totally unacceptable!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity