Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scott1 »

Even if we restrict it to a 3 point loss I can take that. What we don't need is a heavy defeat.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

sapajo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am john wells article in the times

" Leicester legends could send former club closer to the drop"

At last someone from outside the club and an ex tiger coach has publicly hit the nail on the head!!!!
Wells was another head coach that we should never have let go (or at least let go as easily as we did). The board wouldn't give him more than a one-year rolling contract.

Starting the see a theme here the more I look back at Tigers history...
upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
Go Tigers, show us all what you are made of.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Astonished that Owen has been selected - slow and defensively poor . Hardwick would have brought some enthusiasm and a bit more pace . In general I thought the forwards did better last week - defended mauls very well - and think that the swop of Thompson for O'Connor is right . Simmons should be on the bench for White .
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am
sapajo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am john wells article in the times

" Leicester legends could send former club closer to the drop"

At last someone from outside the club and an ex tiger coach has publicly hit the nail on the head!!!!
Wells was another head coach that we should never have let go (or at least let go as easily as we did). The board wouldn't give him more than a one-year rolling contract.

Starting the see a theme here the more I look back at Tigers history...
Wells was offered an opportunity to work with the RFU if I recall rightly and was an opportunity not to be turned down.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Not true, Wellsy was offered a paltry sum by the RFU but took it because he wasnt valued by the Board.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

It was an academy role in the RFU, not the senior team. At the time it was made clear he wanted a longer contract from the club.

There's no chance the head coach of the biggest, most successful club in the country (at that time we actually were! :smt022 ) leaves his post for a lower position in the RFU under normal circumstances.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

upandunder wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
That is the sad thing, I believe the team selected tonight has the talent, but not the will or the heart
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 am I'm nervous as hell! Hate watching on telly,much prefer to be there
Me too which is why late yesterday my wife and I decided to go and are just about to set off . The team need to see as many Tigers shirts as possible to show we are right behind them. There are many reasons to believe we can win.
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good man scuttle,enjoy!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jaguar
Tiger Cub

Post by jaguar »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am
upandunder wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
That is the sad thing, I believe the team selected tonight has the talent, but not the will or the heart
They are professional players who play to win I would think they hate coming 2 nd as much as we do
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

A huge game and not one I’m looking forward to. A battering tonight and technically survival is taken out of our own hands which is a scary thought. A bonus point defeat isn’t the end of the World as others have alluded to and if nothing else it will also show an improvement on recent performances.

The thought of being bottom come the end of this round of matches sends a shiver down my spine and I would imagine it’s even worse for those employed by the Club outside of the playing staff, as relegation is going to lead to a massive amount of job losses.

Surely we are due a performance and also a tad of good fortune unless the Wasps game was our bit for the season. At least our opponents are under similar pressure, if not more.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The game has not been played; the 'fat lady' hasn't even started her vocal warm-up; the wall has not been written on!! I will be watching the game on TV tonight, yes I will have a cold pint to hide behind if necessary and a full beer fridge to drown my sorrows should I deem it appropriate? The side is good enough to win despite one or two players not IMO playing well enough? The Falcon have the same 'mixed' form as the Tigers. It all come down to whom wants enough. George Ford does as shown by his efforts in the past couple of games but he cannot do it on his own!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

jaguar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 am
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am
They are professional players who play to win I would think they hate coming 2 nd as much as we do
Sadly I do not believe that is true for the players who are leaving
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

My nervous system feels like a jelly that is wobbling violently.