Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Dangerous4 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am
BFG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm Time wasting has gone on forever, whatever suits in the moment.
It could though be just one reason amongst a list of many for Tigers falling behind the top sides.
There are sides who are better with the ball more in play and sides that are better not so.
I personally did not like what Fordy did, I think it was not within the spirit of the game, but the bottom line is, it is the laws that are wrong not him.

if it means we stay up i can live with it, but George PLEASE do not make it a habit

This.
+1
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

We went to the match and had a great time. One thing we noticed in the bar afterwards was how happy all the supporters were, despite the loss. There was also a sense that alot of people knew each other and the two together meant there was a very good atmosphere. With reportedly about 7000 people there it seemed pretty full during the game, and maybe we lose something being so much bigger in terms of supporter base. I certainly feel there is a much more subdued atmosphere in The Final Whistle after a loss than there was at Falcons. Just an observation but we were impressed how happy people seemed to be. Maybe they are more resilient at dealing with the tension at the foot of the table than Tigers fans....we can learn something from that.
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You could put it down to the number of the crowd. It's a good point. I'm a music lover and the smaller concerts with say 700-2000 people have always been way better than the ones with 25k+ say. It's more intimate. Although theres nothing better than Welford Road when it's rocking!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 pm You could put it down to the number of the crowd. It's a good point. I'm a music lover and the smaller concerts with say 700-2000 people have always been way better than the ones with 25k+ say. It's more intimate. Although theres nothing better than Welford Road when it's rocking!

.........like it hopefully will be against Bristol.
As Good As It Gets
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am
BFG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm Time wasting has gone on forever, whatever suits in the moment.
It could though be just one reason amongst a list of many for Tigers falling behind the top sides.
There are sides who are better with the ball more in play and sides that are better not so.
I personally did not like what Fordy did, I think it was not within the spirit of the game, but the bottom line is, it is the laws that are wrong not him.

if it means we stay up i can live with it, but George PLEASE do not make it a habit
We can only know with hindsight and on this occasion using the allocated time for the conversion seemed to be the correct choice.
He probably should've taken a bit longer to get set up in the first place and I suspect that no-one would've noticed.
Personally I was more bothered by the refs failure to give Leicester a penalty when Flood didn't support his own weight on that jackal, starting with a scrum as they did instead used up even more time that seems to have gone totally unnoticed.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I remember GM running along the dead ball line to waste a few seconds before the resulting 22 drop out.

If its perfectly in the rules then I have no problem with it!