Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Big Dai »

I'm having another Remy. It's been a long summer without any rain.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 pm How were Williams, Kitchener and Owen?
Owen looked soft and got subbed, not sure if he was injured but none of the good stuff we saw when he first got here
Williams I thought looked like a powerhouse, smashed a few lads that lead to turnovers.
Kitch was fine, solid, nothing flashy.

Toomua looked good again, slipped off a few tackles but Snotty is a tricky customer and looked like he did a good job in attack IMO
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

AusTiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 pm How were Williams, Kitchener and Owen?
Owen looked soft and got subbed, not sure if he was injured but none of the good stuff we saw when he first got here
Williams I thought looked like a powerhouse, smashed a few lads that lead to turnovers.
Kitch was fine, solid, nothing flashy.

Toomua looked good again, slipped off a few tackles but Snotty is a tricky customer and looked like he did a good job in attack IMO
:smt023
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Just got home. Did we win or what?!!!! Edit- yes!! An Armagnac or three is called for!!!
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:38 pm Just got home. Did we win or what?!!!! Edit- yes!! An Armagnac or three is called for!!!
Newcastle to Toulouse in 60 mins, did you have Tom's plane? :smt046
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

LE18 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:44 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:38 pm Just got home. Did we win or what?!!!! Edit- yes!! An Armagnac or three is called for!!!
The third Remy is going down well!! Salut!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:46 pm
The third Remy is going down well!! Salut!
Enjoy, goodness knows we haven't had too much lately to celebrate.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

We looked a better side without Youngs.

Kerr did a good job and Polota-Nau didn't mess up the line outs.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

G.K wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm I have been watching the game with a time lapse, I thought George Fords behaviour was awful when taking the conversation, I've always believed that Tigers played the game in the spirit of the game, maybe we have sunk to the depths of Saracens, we are what we think we are in the spirit of rugby, a sad day for my club, down there with the cheating of Neil Back.
Absolutely agree, just sums up Tigers negative, defeatist attitude. I hope a sanction is forthcoming. :smt009
Ridiculous post. Sanctioned for what, game management?? Considering he was talking to the ref the whole time I'm not sure what he did that was so wrong... :smt017

I thought we played really well in the first half, without the reward we deserved. Falcons had two breaks into our 22 in the first half and came away with two tries. I was fearing the worst at half time. Slugged it out in the second half brilliantly. I'm just glad we got the win without having to go into three must-win games without our 4 first choice fullback as well as Manu and possibly Eastmond and Owen missing.

Ford and Thompson were magnificent. Toomua really stood up too, and May was his usually deadly self. Kerr should be first choice hooker next season
Blimey...
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 pm Wells is a very good player,criminally underused,he always plays well.
This +1! I would give the guy my vote for most improved. I hope next year when Kitch goes he gets the opportunity to step up more
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 pm How did we play lads?
Quite solid for large parts. We just went to sleep for a period before half time. Game management better than many other games. Some big hits went in and lots of other committment. I thought Williams had one of his better games, yellow card aside; even with that I was fairly close to the play and think he lost his footing causing the collapse..it was still a yellow though.
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:48 pm Only 6 points off 6th place :smt003
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
BigDan50 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm I have been watching the game with a time lapse, I thought George Fords behaviour was awful when taking the conversation, I've always believed that Tigers played the game in the spirit of the game, maybe we have sunk to the depths of Saracens, we are what we think we are in the spirit of rugby, a sad day for my club, down there with the cheating of Neil Back.
So, we drag out a massive win against a team that was finding some form whilst our plummeted further and you only wish to moan about that point (and drag up an event from nigh on 20 years ago in the process), fair enough, I'm all for the spirit of the game and it didn't sit completely right with me either but there's 'spirit' and 'laws'....you can disappoint one without breaking the other.
G.K wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm I hope a sanction is forthcoming. :smt009
A sanction for what? Playing within the laws? You might not like it but it was legal...spirit or not.
It doesn't sit too well with me either but it is within the law. So the law needs changing to shorten the time limit because 90 seconds is far too long. We see this fairly frequently and it isn't good just watching the kicker stand around and it won't be the last time; if a conversion with the clock on 78 mins 40 secs in the last match of the season keeps Newcastle up you can be sure they will take the full 90 secs.
As Good As It Gets
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

How about that shoulder from Genge to lose us the bonus point... Love the aggro that he brings to the front row and he did a number on Rodders at the start of the match. I hope he will start to keep his head as he gets more experience
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Well I thought I would have 1 win and 1 lose tonight in the Leicester Newcastle double header.

Normally I would prefer City win if only one could but I’m relieved it was this way around on this occasion
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

:smt005 'Fraid not. Maybe he'll come and pick me up for the Bath game ( are you reading this, Mr Tom?!!!)
I followed the score on my phone and the people here must've thought I was crazy shouting "Yessssssssss!" every few minutes.
Sounds as if the match was a real bumclencher towards the end!! But a win is a true shot-in-the-arm and does us all a power of good - except of course for the whingers who seem obliged to always find something to moan about.
Now, can Sale do us a favour and beat Wuss?
Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia