Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Tomvarndell »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm I have been watching the game with a time lapse, I thought George Fords behaviour was awful when taking the conversation, I've always believed that Tigers played the game in the spirit of the game, maybe we have sunk to the depths of Saracens, we are what we think we are in the spirit of rugby, a sad day for my club, down there with the cheating of Neil Back.

A ridiculous comment. Worcester done it to us earlier in the season. Nothing wrong.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:48 pm Only 6 points off 6th place :smt003
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
BigDan50 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm I have been watching the game with a time lapse, I thought George Fords behaviour was awful when taking the conversation, I've always believed that Tigers played the game in the spirit of the game, maybe we have sunk to the depths of Saracens, we are what we think we are in the spirit of rugby, a sad day for my club, down there with the cheating of Neil Back.
So, we drag out a massive win against a team that was finding some form whilst our plummeted further and you only wish to moan about that point (and drag up an event from nigh on 20 years ago in the process), fair enough, I'm all for the spirit of the game and it didn't sit completely right with me either but there's 'spirit' and 'laws'....you can disappoint one without breaking the other.
G.K wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm I hope a sanction is forthcoming. :smt009
A sanction for what? Playing within the laws? You might not like it but it was legal...spirit or not.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
beech

Post by beech »

Great win but when will some players learn that giving away dumb penalties could have lost us the game. One disallowed try could have been crucial.
tf22
milesanderson
Tiger Cub

Post by milesanderson »

Thompson looks world class . Scores two tries and gets us out of trouble countless times. Our general defense is still lacking, too many breaches of discipline and Murphy doesn't have any answers it seems . We still have to face Sale, Harlequins and Wasps and they're gonna be tough but in the end we won and thats the first win in a very long time.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm What did Owen do too? Possible citing for what?
Only thing I can think of was a ruck breakdown clearout on Flood, Monye was creaming himself at one point comparing it to Tom Youngs' clearout last week....nowhere near. If that gets cited then the game is dead.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Big effort, Great game management from George. Just get rid of those petty mistakes and we will be safe!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Missed the last 10 minutes due to work. Probably just as well. What a relief. Off to find the nearest defibrillator.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm What did Owen do too? Possible citing for what?
Only thing I can think of was a ruck breakdown clearout on Flood, Monye was creaming himself at one point comparing it to Tom Youngs' clearout last week....nowhere near. If that gets cited then the game is dead.
Agreed - flood milked it and the commentary said as much...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sale,Quins and Wasps?! Try Brizzle,Quins and Bath
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Thompson a class act as he has been all season!!
Defence and line play a shambles!!
Ford and Toomua kicking game was 1st class!!
Missed tackles awful as always.
We have so many amazing players just missing leadership and a game plan!
Murphy is not the answer as head coach!!
Mike Ford??? Really don’t know!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

milesanderson wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 pm Thompson looks world class . Scores two tries and gets us out of trouble countless times. Our general defense is still lacking, too many breaches of discipline and Murphy doesn't have any answers it seems . We still have to face Sale, Harlequins and Wasps and they're gonna be tough but in the end we won and thats the first win in a very long time.
Bristol, Quins and Bath but 1 out of 3 ain't bad!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

speedski wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 pm
Agreed - flood milked it and the commentary said as much...
Agreed. Glad it didn't come down to trial by Commentator again. Deano just said he thought Flood played better after that incident than he did before it, no complaints from our old No8.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm
milesanderson wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 pm Thompson looks world class . Scores two tries and gets us out of trouble countless times. Our general defense is still lacking, too many breaches of discipline and Murphy doesn't have any answers it seems . We still have to face Sale, Harlequins and Wasps and they're gonna be tough but in the end we won and thats the first win in a very long time.
Bristol, Quins and Bath but 1 out of 3 ain't bad!
I suppose it comes down to who 'we' is exactly.....
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

Yes Gengey made a few daft mistakes tonight but he could have done a lot worse, especially given how Ah You was constantly trying to take a pop at him.
There was plenty of others being a bit naughty- Mr Ford and Mr May, I’m looking at you!! :smt018
I did feel sorry for poor Floody though- it seems like he was somewhat of a target for the Tigers players, constantly being flattened!
The loss of Manu was a bit worrying.
Formerly hww27
Proud to have been the Tom Youngs Fan Club since 2010
Rhinos rule :smt002 :smt050
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 pm What did Ford do?
He had another great game. Controlled it very well, and led the side well. I liked, and I don't know whether many people saw it, the reaction of his dad on the final whistle. I got the impression there's a good deal of commitment there.