Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Positives

Post by Dangerous4 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:16 am
GeoffNeil wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am I left after the 50th point was scored (My money my choice) and spent the journey home wondering whether to renew my season ticket, I will, but not until the club announces who will be at the club for next season. Not going to renew in blind hope, need some comfort that next year will be different and I have not got that.

A very honest post, I fear the Tigers BOD will not act to address the issues you raise because they remain in total denial about the reality of the dire straits they have engineered. Peter Tom on RL pre match basically said we had great players and the only issue was "Mentality". Therein lies the biggest problem of all.

The biggest problem with "Mentality", lies within the boardroom". :smt045
Baz

Post by Baz »

So Cohen thinks we should "get behind the boys"? Too many people parrot this phrase; what the hell does it actually mean? We all pay for our season tickets, we all cheer on "the boys", even when they're being humiliated. The Cohens of this world are the ones letting the boys down. Insofar as sackings at this stage would do no good, he's right, but, come the end of the season, up or down, there need to be drastic changes at the top. I STILL don't believe that GM is the man to drag Tigers out of the mire; for me, some of his team selections, and off-the-bench fieldings have been inappropriate, even allowing for the injuries we have sustained. Things have just continued to get worse since he was confirmed. As for Cohen, his complacency is staggering!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 am Ford and Thompson to co-Captain?
Back in my day - as well as ankle length boots, oranges on the pitch at half-time and rugger balls that could absorb 3 times their own weight in water - we had a captain and a pack leader.

Yes - Ford and Thompson sounds about right.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Baz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm So Cohen thinks we should "get behind the boys"? Too many people parrot this phrase; what the hell does it actually mean?
If you want to 'get behind the boys' you'll usually find them behind the posts waiting for the conversion.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Baz

Post by Baz »

"If you want to 'get behind the boys' you'll usually find them behind the posts waiting for the conversion."

Nice one GK, but I'm trying to stay positive!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:24 pm
Baz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm So Cohen thinks we should "get behind the boys"? Too many people parrot this phrase; what the hell does it actually mean?
If you want to 'get behind the boys' you'll usually find them behind the posts waiting for the conversion.
Bit unfair there, you can generally find them gathered together in the defensive line too!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Lost by 34 points away To Exeter in Sept, and sacked MOC. We are making progress cos margin was only 32, though that improvement was probably down to home advantage. I was no fan of MOC and we will avoid relegation but BoD has some very hard thinking to do and tough actions to take.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Positives: cheaper tickets in the Championship :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 am Ford and Thompson to co-Captain?
Back in my day - as well as ankle length boots, oranges on the pitch at half-time and rugger balls that could absorb 3 times their own weight in water - we had a captain and a pack leader.

Yes - Ford and Thompson sounds about right.

With you all the way on this.

I wonder how today's players would cope with those boots and balls? :smt005
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Positives

You may not agree with some but here goes:-

1. Exeter Chiefs. Sometimes you’ve got to appreciate and applaude a rival team at the very top of their game. Thats the team you get with a long term strategy, a game plan with a plan b, spot on recruitment and talent spotting. Led by a Board that actually know what they are doing. It’s also clear their physical conditioning is top notch. This is the Tigers I used to know. How good was Cordero! They’ll miss him next season. Great fans too - some great banter on our side of WF yesterday.

2. George Ford. There is a huge gulf between GF and most of the rest of the team. I was a critic of GF last season but not anymore. His only weakness was his defence but he’s massively improved in this area to add to his awesome attacking rugby brain and, in my opinion, is now world class and should be a no brainier for Englands starting XV for the World Cup. Seems to have really bloomed under GM. As the commentator said yesterday “unplayable at times”.

3. Spencer and Thompson (I have no doubt I would have added Denton if he was playing). Two forwards that are blameless this season. Thompson shows passion and is obvious captain material. Some must note that some of those who have joined the team recently. and haven’t therefore done it “the Tigers Way” (whatever that now means) are some of our bright lights.

4. Some may not agree with me but Georgian Murphy. He’s inherited over 5 years of decline, bad recruitment and the incompetence of those above. And the disaster that was MOC. But he has faced it down knowing that it takes a long time to turn this supertanker. He desperately needs a world class DoR and some of the coaching team he inherited are simply not good enough. He also needs some luck - injuries have not gone our way - Telusa would have made a difference as would have Denton and Holmes yesterday. As have a number of game critical ref decisions.

5. Stanko. One coach that can hold his head high. Despite our shocking form, the scrum has been the one (only?) set piece where we have not just held our own but in many cases dominated. If we cleared out our coaching team Stanko would be the last to go.

6. Genge, Cole and Sam Harrison. You know what you should get from these three. And that is exactly what you get. Genge continues to grow.

7. Tom Young’s. Hear me out - Yes he made a rare mistake yesterday and his line throwing hasn’t been great (Though has improved) but I will never doubt his passion, fortitude, commitment and integrity. Tigers need Tom Young’s whatever their position.

8. Johnny May. Alongside GF our only other world class player. And also the only one, other than GF, that can provide some magic out of nowhere.

All in my personal opinion..........
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The defensive line was faster. Poor tackles undid that work.

Much more fired up than against Saints, sadly the opposition were a quantum leap better.

Our front row better than one that contained 3 England and a Wales prop.

Negatives not enough players with the ability to play at this level (and one or two with the ability but playing like they have already left)

Passes akin to jumping out of a plane without a parachute.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Worcester have home fixtures against Sarries, Sale and Gloucester with an away fixture at Saints.

I'm not sure I can see any points for them there.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wuss will beat Sale imo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:20 pm Worcester have home fixtures against Sarries, Sale and Gloucester with an away fixture at Saints.

I'm not sure I can see any points for them there.
Sarries will have secured a home semi and Gloucester may had a Play off place secured......opportunity to rest a few players?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:28 pm Wuss will beat Sale imo
Look - we've tried everything else! Let's give my blind optimism a chance! :smt100