Mark Bakewell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Mark Bakewell

Post by ourla »

I find it really hard to judge under the circumstances of what has been going on around him coaching wise, the various suspensions and injuries, form/ability of some individuals, all contributing to a lack of confidence and cohesion that would be out of his control.

And has stated elsewhere more coaching turnover may not help or be the answer. So I'd want to be pretty sure he is part of the problem rather before ditching him.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

BFG wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:58 pm
newport tiger wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 am When MB first arrived he seemed to have an immediate effect and our forwards seemingly improved overnight. Unfortunately as we all know they have regressed again and as a unit seem inferior to our opposition in almost every aspect(scrum excepted). I know he arrived with a big reputation, so i would like to ask: Do you think MB is underperforming as a forwards coach or are the majority of our pack not quite up to the task?
Why except the scrum, it made no impression against Saints and was destroyed by Wasps in the Premiership Shield match at the weekend!
Yes that's a fair point but over the whole season our scrum has been the only solid part of our forward play.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why except the scrum? Because it's the best in the GP when firing and statistically R92 is the best in Europe and got nothing out of us in the two European games, definitely our one shining light over the course of the full season.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:17 pm Lavanini in then?!
I'm working on the theory that if I just keep repeating it often enough it'll come true, like the rugby version of vision boarding.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:16 pm
I'm working on the theory that if I just keep repeating it often enough it'll come true, like the rugby version of vision boarding.
In the absence of a better plan.................keep repeating it!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

newport tiger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 am
BFG wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:58 pm
newport tiger wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 am When MB first arrived he seemed to have an immediate effect and our forwards seemingly improved overnight. Unfortunately as we all know they have regressed again and as a unit seem inferior to our opposition in almost every aspect(scrum excepted). I know he arrived with a big reputation, so i would like to ask: Do you think MB is underperforming as a forwards coach or are the majority of our pack not quite up to the task?
Why except the scrum, it made no impression against Saints and was destroyed by Wasps in the Premiership Shield match at the weekend!
Yes that's a fair point but over the whole season our scrum has been the only solid part of our forward play.
We will see what the Chiefs bench does to the scrum tomorrow, if the magician coach dares to use all of the bench before the 70th minute that is!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

[/quote

Well, I for one will be delighted if he is. A bit of a beast. :smt023