Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

nasher

Re: Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Post by nasher »

More player power then! A glance in the crystal ball sees “toxic tigers” in the championship. Moving pieces around the chessboard does nothing to alleviate the problem. The biggest problem is at Board level and recruitment of Ford snr just demonstrates it.
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Absolutely nothing about this on club website today
So we hear about a new coach on the BBC rather than from the club itself. Pathetic
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:37 am Absolutely nothing about this on club website today
So we hear about a new coach on the BBC rather than from the club itself. Pathetic
Imagine being this worked up about something that always happens.
The press tend to always be ahead of announcing stuff, for the most time, that goes for most clubs.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:40 am
20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:37 am Absolutely nothing about this on club website today
Imagine being this worked up about something that always happens.
The press tend to always be ahead of announcing stuff, for the most time, that goes for most clubs.
Some people just have to have a dig at the club. For anything.

It's pathetic. Utterly pathetic.
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

It sure is
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

It would've been alarming if the higher-up's just sat on their hands, so fair play for realising we have a real problem. I'm happy to give Mike Ford a chance - right now, we need all the help we can. My concern is the effect this may have on GM, a new head coach who needs to stamp his authority on the squad - sometimes that can be difficult when you have been part of an organisation for many years and now have the authority. From personal experience, it can be difficult to crack the whip when you are now in charge of people who were colleagues. I think GM at some point needs to get some experience elsewhere, like what other former great players like O'Gara are doing, then I'd love him to take the reigns here again.
If MF can help to turn things around, amazing. I still quite like the idea of an external person coming in who has no ties to the club - MF doesn't quite feel like this, with George and Joe both playing for us.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Carver510 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm It would've been alarming if the higher-up's just sat on their hands, so fair play for realising we have a real problem. I'm happy to give Mike Ford a chance - right now, we need all the help we can. My concern is the effect this may have on GM, a new head coach who needs to stamp his authority on the squad - sometimes that can be difficult when you have been part of an organisation for many years and now have the authority. From personal experience, it can be difficult to crack the whip when you are now in charge of people who were colleagues. I think GM at some point needs to get some experience elsewhere, like what other former great players like O'Gara are doing, then I'd love him to take the reigns here again.
If MF can help to turn things around, amazing. I still quite like the idea of an external person coming in who has no ties to the club - MF doesn't quite feel like this, with George and Joe both playing for us.
I reckon it was Geordan Murphy's idea.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Dude, it’s Sunday.

The press will want to leak/scoop things. In case you missed it, it’s the way they work. :smt001
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Carver510 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm It would've been alarming if the higher-up's just sat on their hands, so fair play for realising we have a real problem. I'm happy to give Mike Ford a chance - right now, we need all the help we can. My concern is the effect this may have on GM, a new head coach who needs to stamp his authority on the squad - sometimes that can be difficult when you have been part of an organisation for many years and now have the authority. From personal experience, it can be difficult to crack the whip when you are now in charge of people who were colleagues. I think GM at some point needs to get some experience elsewhere, like what other former great players like O'Gara are doing, then I'd love him to take the reigns here again.
I would like to think it was. If so, it shows that he's thinking about the future, and the best interests of his club. They go back a long way , and it could well be his first big step.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Lets just hope it gives us the boost we need to stay up! I don't like it,in fact I hate it,but there already talk of ringfencing being "speeded up" shall we say if we were unfortunate enough to go down. They can't do that you say,can't they? Dont bet against it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 pm
Dude, it’s Sunday.

The press will want to leak/scoop things. In case you missed it, it’s the way they work. :smt001
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fo ... YymL1Wk4Ws

On there now.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:33 am Absolute disaster of an appontment, he will create a toxic environment as he has everywhere he has coached. He will want to become the head coach and make it very uncomfortable for Murphy and with both his sons help he will achieve this aim. The Ford family made lots of enimies during their time at Bath and were rightly shown the door and I'm afraid the same wil happen at Tigers.
Hilarious!! MF went to an already toxic club and left for those very reasons. Bath is still a toxic club. The Ford boys are hugely respected both there and back in Yorkshire. As for MF's credentials, maybe you should have a read of his statistics in the run up to, and during the World Cup when he was a coach for our Works Cup winners. Or ignore fact and stay ignorant. MF's a class act who, just maybe, is exactly what GM needs (and what he personally requested) to show him the way onwards and upwards.
Last edited by DingDong on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

fortysix wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:23 am Why would Glynn going to the Academy help our future. ?
He is not up to the job any which way.
+1 :smt023. It would appear so?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Panic has now set in by the look of it? :smt017
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Well, he would say this wouldn't he, his idea or not :smt002 :smt002

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fo ... YymL1Wk4Ws

Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy said: “We know Mike well, I worked with him as a player when he was part of the coaching set-up with Ireland and he has a lot of experience at all levels of the game. He’s coming in for the rest of the season to add another experienced voice to the coaching group and has the full support of the coaches and backroom team.”
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.